• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cellistle

cellistle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

When I pull back the charging handle it will move the dummy bolt. However, when I release the charging handle, it doesn't go all the way back in. It stops right before where it should click back into place. I tried pushing it in but it won't move anymore. I can access my hop up dial and everything it just won't return back as far as it should go.The space between the dummy bolt and the upper receiver (near where the dust cover snaps in) theres a piece that doesn't quite look like it should go there.

Attached Files

#2 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

I had the same problem when I stripped down my Mod 2. What could happen, is if the upper receiver was taken off or in any way removed just a little bit from the lower receiver and the charging handle was pulled, it could unseat the mock bolt. When this happens it is an absolute pain in the a** to get back in. It took me about a half hour to get it seated right. And even then I still have that little nub coming out like you do in this picture. You have to make sure though that the bolt isnt bent in any way though. Because if it is, then youre pretty much screwed unless you can straighten it out. In that case you would need to buy another. I dont know where because I didnt have to. Try messing around with the charging handle to get the bolt. Just make sure to NEVER slam the charging handle forward because that could very easily bend the piece and mess up it too badly to fix. It should easily slide back into place and if it doesnt, keep messing with it till it does. Goodluck

#3 Downs

Downs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Shooting for fun and competitively, motorcycles, cars, jeeps, racing, 4-wheeling, flying, camping, hiking.

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

Not sure what's causing your problem but the item you took a picture of belongs there.  That piece is what makes your ejection port cover pop open, when you pull the charging handle.

Edited by Downs, 07 May 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#4 cellistle

cellistle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

That makes sense, never noticed it before which is why I thought it didn't belong there. I discovered my problem was that my charging handle spring is deformed and extremely over stretched; as well as my fake bolt has been bent strangely all over. It prevents it from closing completely and turns the hop up wheel every time you move the charging handle (which moves the fake bolt which hits the hop up wheel).
I have a CQR mod 2 which looks like it change. I'm trying to exchange the bolt, handle and spring between the two until i can order a new one. How do you remove the fake bolt? Looks to be held in place by friction but I don't want to deform this bolt and spring. I popped the spring + piece off from the upper receiver so now its just the bolt preventing it from coming out.

#5 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

Can you post pictures of what you're lookin at? Cuz when mine came out, I did it by accident O.o so if I see what you're looking at I can help you work through it. All I can suggest right now is to jiggle it out, but not to use force. And my Mod 2 is doing the same thing and changing the hop up. I guess it's not supposed to? Cuz it's annoying lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 cellistle

cellistle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:02 PM

I got it all worked out. It's kind of like push down and then lift up.

Have you tried screwing the dial in tighter? It can sometimes catch on that, or perhaps your bolt is a lil crooked?

#7 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

No I actually havent. I didnt think about that. Thanks. Though the bolt could be slightly crooked, but I dont think so

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users