#21 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

View Postgcw360, on 10 May 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

Regarding barrel coatings.  Some use a coating of Teflon which can peel or wear.  I have seen several barrels do this overtime though it's been a while since I have seen or heard a report of this.  The coating on the KM head barrel is Nickel/Teflon or Nickel PTFE. It's quite literally nickel and Teflon that is plated to the barrel.  This creates a very slick and durable finish that, for me anyway, has outperformed any other barrel to date in my system. In time, any surface will wear and breakdown but so far I have had no appreciable wear in The KM Head I have installed in my test gun.

Now, I will tell you I was a skeptic at first.  And if there are Forums reporting issues with KM Head barrels I would like to review them so it can be watched by KWA.

I was just doing a whole bunch of research on the KM Head barrel before I did anything with my inner barrel, and that's what it seemed like EVERYONE was saying. The Teflon was peeling. Again, no first hand experience, but those reports are definitely what swayed me towards the Madbull. I'm not sure how recent those reports were and if they fixed something or changed something? But like I said, I believe they were on Airsoft Sniper Forum.

#22 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostPyro_Buster, on 10 May 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

I was just doing a whole bunch of research on the KM Head barrel before I did anything with my inner barrel, and that's what it seemed like EVERYONE was saying. The Teflon was peeling. Again, no first hand experience, but those reports are definitely what swayed me towards the Madbull. I'm not sure how recent those reports were and if they fixed something or changed something? But like I said, I believe they were on Airsoft Sniper Forum.
I'll check it out.  If it's an issue we need to know about it.  If not, then we should know that as well.  Thank you for the info.

#23 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

No problem, gcw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users