13 replies to this topic

#1 Th3WhiteKnight

Th3WhiteKnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the large amount of text but I am trying to be descriptive as possible to save the time of all who try to help.

Yesterday I finally got my M11A1 System 7 and straight away I am having a few issues, this could be temperature related or not. Now as far as I understand the KSC M11A1 S7 is exactly the same as the KWA M11A1 NS2, made by the same company (kinda) except for the export market due to trademark restrictions. Hopefully this will not be an issue to you guys and you will be able to help me regardless

Firstly I am in New Zealand and the temperature right now is 18.9 degrees c (66.02f). I am using ICS .25 BB's and propane as GG is stupidly expensive in this country, I am yet to see someone at a field use it. When I fill the mag I have the tank and mag upside down and fill for a good 30 seconds, after the first 5-6 seconds I can no longer hear the noise of gas moving into the magazine. I have 4 magazines in total and fill all of them this way

The issue I am having is, on Semi I can fire a full 48rnd mag although I do notice a huge FPS drop in the last 10 shots or so, to do this I must have a good 1-2 second delay between shots. On full auto I can get half a mag before it seems as though it is dry firing and I run out of gas, then when I point the gun at the ground about 10 or so bb's fall out of the barrel. This issue happens with each one of my 4 mags.

I initially thought this to be a cool down issue, but wasn't sure as multiple reviews said cool down is minimal with this gun. To test this I closed off my lounge and cranked the aircon up to 30c (80f) let it warm up to the point of sweltering and then fired into a pellet trap, I was able to get 3/4 of a mag before losing gas and ending up with a barrel full of bb's.

Does anyone have any sugestions or advice? RMA'ing it is not an option as it has come from Hong Kong and shipping back costs almost as much as the gun itself.

Kind regards

Th3WhiteKnight

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:14 AM

Try charging the magazine longer.  I have the same gun and don't experence the same problems but I charge for 45 seconds by count.  Seems to take forever!  Also check your adapter as some may have better flow than others.

-- Chuck

#3 Th3WhiteKnight

Th3WhiteKnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:05 AM

View PostChuck S, on 04 May 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

Try charging the magazine longer.  I have the same gun and don't experence the same problems but I charge for 45 seconds by count.  Seems to take forever!  Also check your adapter as some may have better flow than others.

-- Chuck

Thanks for the reply Chuck, I will try that tomorrow after work, it's 1am here and I don't think the neighbours will apreciate it :) The adapter I have is the newest version Madbull one, I also have a TM Hi-Capa that fills flawlessly with it. On a side note my TM worked absolutly fine today outdoors with no cooldown whatsoever.

#4 Th3WhiteKnight

Th3WhiteKnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:04 PM

Well I gave it a go and the same thing happened, I'll try a different adapter this weekend. Hopefully that will make a difference or I'll just fork out for some GG and see if that works.

#5 Th3WhiteKnight

Th3WhiteKnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

Well I tried a different adapter (Airsoft innovations) it made a small difference in terms of magazine gas capacity but I am still not able to shoot a full mag from 1 gas fill, I even timed a fill for 1 minute but it made no difference.

I also took the bucking out and checked/cleaned that as on the last 1/4 of the mag it just stacks bb's up the barrel but does not fire them. The mag seems to have enough gas to work the action but not fire, it just sprays gas out of the ejection port until the gas empties leaving roughly 6-8 bb's in the mag

What sort of silicon oil should be used for lube? The stuff I have is fairly thick and I am wondering if it is causing an issue by gumming up the action so to speak.

Please reply with any suggestions, I am starting to tear my hair out due to the possibility of buying a $250 paper weight.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

View PostTh3WhiteKnight, on 08 May 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

Well I tried a different adapter (Airsoft innovations) it made a small difference in terms of magazine gas capacity but I am still not able to shoot a full mag from 1 gas fill, I even timed a fill for 1 minute but it made no difference.

I also took the bucking out and checked/cleaned that as on the last 1/4 of the mag it just stacks bb's up the barrel but does not fire them. The mag seems to have enough gas to work the action but not fire, it just sprays gas out of the ejection port until the gas empties leaving roughly 6-8 bb's in the mag

What sort of silicon oil should be used for lube? The stuff I have is fairly thick and I am wondering if it is causing an issue by gumming up the action so to speak.

Please reply with any suggestions, I am starting to tear my hair out due to the possibility of buying a $250 paper weight.
From what you are describing it sounds like you have a bigger issue than mag capacity.  What are the chances of you contacting the retailer for help?  To me it sounds like you have an issue with the cylinder that may require a qualified tech to repair it.

#7 Th3WhiteKnight

Th3WhiteKnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

View Postgcw360, on 10 May 2014 - 06:21 AM, said:

From what you are describing it sounds like you have a bigger issue than mag capacity.  What are the chances of you contacting the retailer for help?  To me it sounds like you have an issue with the cylinder that may require a qualified tech to repair it.

I can try but ehobby are not known for fantastic customer service. I have stripped the entire bolt down and inspected everything, its all there and in the right place according to the exploded parts diagram. The cylinder seems to be fine as in no cracks or anything. Would it help if I posted some pictures of it stripped down? If it is the cylinder then it will be much easier for me, not to mention multitudes cheaper to just buy a new one.

Could the main seal assembly cause this issue? It is one part that I have not checked.

Edited by Th3WhiteKnight, 11 May 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#8 Th3WhiteKnight

Th3WhiteKnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:52 PM

Ok I checked the mainseal and it appears very dry, I have taken it out and left it to soak in silicone oil. I'll reassemble it tomorrow after work and let you guys know of any updates.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:36 AM

Let's hope the main seal was the issue.

#10 Th3WhiteKnight

Th3WhiteKnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

View Postgcw360, on 12 May 2014 - 04:36 AM, said:

Let's hope the main seal was the issue.

Ok I put it back together and the same issue is happening. Am left with no gas, 6 BB's in the barrel and about 8 or so in the mag. The outside temp is 59f. Inside is more likely 65f. Any suggestions?

The only real tech I can take this to is about an hour and a halfs drive and will charge me possibly an arm and a leg. I will try GG next week before doing that.

I tried. shooting it in semi only, with roughly a second between shots. Results as follows, pretty sure it equates to 48 BB's despite being slightly more shots.

Trigger pull #'s 1-24 fine although some slight variation in noise.

Pull #25 Made normal noise and loaded a BB but did not fire it.
Pull #26 Fired 2 BB's
Pull #'s 27-32 fine although some slight variation in noise.
Pull #33 Made normal noise and loaded a BB but did not fire it.
Pull #34 Fired 2 BB's
Pull #'s 35-37 fine although some slight variation in noise.
Pull #38 Made normal noise and loaded a BB but did not fire it.
Pull #39 Fired 2 BB's
Pull #40 fine.
Pull #41 Made normal noise and loaded a BB but did not fire it.
Pull #42 Fired 2 BB's
Pull #43 fine.
Pull #44 Made normal noise and loaded a BB but did not fire it.
Pull #45 Fired 2 BB's
Pull #46 fine.
Pull #47 Made normal noise and loaded a BB but did not fire it.
Pull #48 Fired 2 BB's
Pull #49 Fine
Pull #50 Made normal noise and loaded a BB but did not fire it.
Pull #50 Gas empty

Edited by Th3WhiteKnight, 12 May 2014 - 09:32 PM.

#11 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:05 AM

Not sure who -- if anyone -- warranties the gun in New Zealand but it sounds like this is where it should go.  I know there are warranty issues in the USA if not purchased from a USA importer and expect NS is similar.  Your investment in magazines exceeds the value of the gun (at least in USA pricing) so getting the gun to work is important.  (I only owned the KWA version of this gun very briefly so my experience is not great but worked fine.)

-- Chuck

#12 Th3WhiteKnight

Th3WhiteKnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

Thanks for you help Chuck & gcw360, I have appreciated it. I think I will get some GG in the next couple of days and try that. If that fails then I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and take it to a tech in Auckland. Like you said the investment in the mags alone makes it worth doing. It will cost me but will cost less than shipping it back to Hong Kong to have it checked.

I'll be sure to post up any updates/fixes once I have them in order to help others in the future that may have the same issue as me.

#13 Th3WhiteKnight

Th3WhiteKnight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:04 AM

Sorry to take so long to post, took me ages to finally get round to getting some green gas. It has the exact same issue as propane so I am at a loss now.

#14 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

Just got a M11, thought I would add to a aging post. Seems the mag gets cold very fast after a few rounds of semi and a quick burst of auto (say 5 shot burst). If I continue to shoot like that without mag warm up time I might get thru a whole mag. Today I filled mag, same pattern of say 5 semi and a 5 shot burst. Now let gun sit for 2 to 3 min between burst, continue with that pattern and can get 2 mags out of one fill? I am new to GBBs so my ATP, USP and M11A1 all seem to like a rest to let the mag warm back up a bit. Continuous firing seem cool the mag and efficiency goes way down, basic science. Not able to use as a primary very well. Really not what they were designed for anyways. I have yet to put green gas thru it yet, will try that. I assume it will work the same way.

Edited by Larry, 12 July 2014 - 06:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users