Aftermarket slide and now slide doesn't charge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Boeruine

Boeruine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Shooting (Real and Airsoft), Rock Climbing, PC Sims (MWO, ARMA3, Star Citizen), Golf, Photography

Posted 03 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

So I bought the Airsoft Surgeon Salient Arms slide, and after installing it the slide goes on, but will not actually charge. Is there material that I need to remove to get the two parts to fit well, or is there something glaring that I probably didn't put back together properly? The gas chamber cylinder also doesn't seem to spring back into place like it should. It goes 2/3 of the way back to the rear and then stops. No other changes made besides the slide and outer barrel that came from Airsoft Surgeon.

Any input you might have is greatly appreciated to try and solve this myself and not send it in somewhere to get looked at.

Attached Files

#2 Boeruine

Boeruine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Shooting (Real and Airsoft), Rock Climbing, PC Sims (MWO, ARMA3, Star Citizen), Golf, Photography

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

Bent one of the loading nozzle return springs (part 23). So ordered a bunch to have on hand.

Edited by Boeruine, 04 May 2014 - 07:56 PM.

#3 Boeruine

Boeruine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

So I got the springs in yesterday, and didn't have any issues this time with the nozzle. BUT there seem to be some major fit problems between the AS upper and the stock lower. You "can" rack the slide, but it doesn't realy want to and you can feel a great deal of resistance as you pull the slide to the rear. Any suggestions on getting it to be a bit smoother? It also sticks to the rear if you pull it all the way back.

Edited by Boeruine, 10 May 2014 - 08:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users