ATP Slide Locking To rear

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Downs

Downs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Shooting for fun and competitively, motorcycles, cars, jeeps, racing, 4-wheeling, flying, camping, hiking.

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

Eh you might.  Mines scheduled to be here on the 6th and I ordered it on Wednesday or Thursday.  I'll be running it without  tonight at the Camp Pendalton Night Game at their airsoft field.

#22 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:32 AM

View PostDowns, on 03 May 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

Eh you might.  Mines scheduled to be here on the 6th and I ordered it on Wednesday or Thursday.  I'll be running it without  tonight at the Camp Pendalton Night Game at their airsoft field.
Let me us know how it works.  I recently acquired the Guarder one and installed it into my ATP but the gun wouldn't cycle.  I had one by Element, same as the Matrix one, with no issues at all.  Rather than mess with it I put the Element one back in.

#23 Bootskoot589

Bootskoot589

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostDowns, on 03 May 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

I got 2 day shipping half off on a different website haha it's scheduled for Tuesday, same day my ATP v2 is getting here

View Postgcw360, on 04 May 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

Let me us know how it works.  I recently acquired the Guarder one and installed it into my ATP but the gun wouldn't cycle.  I had one by Element, same as the Matrix one, with no issues at all.  Rather than mess with it I put the Element one back in.

Do you think it would work for a brand new v2 ATP?

#24 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,544 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostBootskoot589, on 04 May 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

I got 2 day shipping half off on a different website haha it's scheduled for Tuesday, same day my ATP v2 is getting here

Do you think it would work for a brand new v2 ATP?
Well, if it doesn't work in mine I don't think it will work in any of them.  But understand that this part could have been mis-marked .  When you get yours let us know how it works.

#25 Bootskoot589

Bootskoot589

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

Well, not working. Too short. I'm using it on the Version 2 and the guide rod itself is too small. The spring just seems stiffer so maybe if there is a way to take off the spring from the guide rod I could try that? I don't even know if that's possible considering I can't find a way to remove any parts from it (I don't know a ton about GBB's at all really) so any help myself would be nice. I can try to post pictures that I took of the before and after? I am using the mobile right now so if I need to go on my computer to post pictures I can do that.

#26 Downs

Downs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Shooting for fun and competitively, motorcycles, cars, jeeps, racing, 4-wheeling, flying, camping, hiking.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

It works in mine.  Took a bit of fanangling it didn't want to cycle at first.  But it's working fine now and has that same old snap back to it that it did when I first bought it.

#27 Bootskoot589

Bootskoot589

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:01 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 Bootskoot589

Bootskoot589

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:05 AM

My guess is that I bought the wrong product. The website said it would work for the ATP but I'm guessing I forgot to buy the M17 series, not the M19.

#29 Downs

Downs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

You are correct.  The Glock 19 is shorter than the GLOCK 17 so a spring for the M19 wouldn't fit.  I got the M17/M18 spring.

This is the one I bought

http://www.airsoftat...G17-p/34440.htm

#30 Bootskoot589

Bootskoot589

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

Yeahhh that was my mistake, I was in a hurry to buy it I didn't take the time to make sure it was for the 17 not the 19, thanks again though. Would you say the spring is stronger than a stock one or is it the same? I see on some "Enhanced spring guides" they just come with with 150% hammer springs. Other people I show my ATP to say that it seems like a weak spring, and I just bought the version 2 YESTERDAY! It feels like I'm gnome break it if I rack it too fast or hard -_- I know I won't but still I would like a slightly stronger snap and all as well but it's just a want not a need haha, I can definitely do with the stock spring it just seems weak.

#31 Downs

Downs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

It feels a tiny bit stiffer but that could have been because my pistol has some mileage on it and the stock spring was just getting weaker from use.  

I haven't used a GBB pistol that has had a recoil spring as heavy as a real pistol.  Not even close.  I don't think it would be able to operate with a spring that heavy.

I'm happy with it.  

I use my ATP nearly every night to do holster work while in the barracks.  I just fill up two mags with gas and practice until they run out of gas then put everything up.  

Of course the recoil isn't close but enough to be useful for training.

#32 Bootskoot589

Bootskoot589

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:17 AM

Yeah definitely, it would probably need to be a pretty heavy duty and powerful GBB to need a stronger spring, but yeah I've shot my new one a couple nights now and it's kickass either way to just fondle and practice with. Glad your gun is working now

#33 Downs

Downs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

I think they could do it but the GBB would have to be made out of more substantial materials to take the punishment, AND it would burn though gas like a big block on the drag strip haha.

#34 Bootskoot589

Bootskoot589

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

Exactly lol, KWA needs to make it happen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ATP, Slide, Locking, To rear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users