• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Henners

Henners

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

I got my KWA USP the other day. I put some silicone oil in the reservoir. After a few days it was okay, but now when I get 2 shots off it vents all the gas. I don't know what to do at this point. It's never been out to the field, just shot in my back porch. :/

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

When the mag is almost empty it will frequently vent all the gas on the last shot.  Full magazine? (hint: charge at least 30 seconds) Got gas?  Shaking the can won't tell ya if there's gas in it.  Try a fresh can.

-- Chuck

#3 Henners

Henners

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

it empties out on the first shot on a fresh can of gas. I just pulled a broken piece of a plastic seal out from by the hammer...i'm pretty sure it's the blowback chamber seal. I have no idea how it's broken - I only have shot about 5 magazines out of the thing. I just got it Thursday!

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:17 AM

I put some silicone oil in the reservoir.
Not sure what that means.

If the gun is new I'd take advantage of the 45 day warranty and mail it to KWA for warranty repair.  You're using green gas, right?

-- Chuck

#5 Henners

Henners

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

View PostChuck S, on 27 April 2014 - 02:17 AM, said:

Not sure what that means.

If the gun is new I'd take advantage of the 45 day warranty and mail it to KWA for warranty repair.  You're using green gas, right?

-- Chuck

Yes, I'm using green gas. I put some silicone oil on the reservoir where the o-ring sits, just enough to lube the o-ring. I already opened a warranty ticket.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,565 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

Hi Henners - Welcome to the KWA Forums and sorry you are having issues.  A broken seal will do what you are describing.  You should send it back to Umarex for warranty service.

#7 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

New USP bought yesterday, full of small pieces of green rubber after 5 mags of green gas today. Can see some of the main seal missing when upper is removed.  Dissapointing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users