#1 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

Alright so I live in Tampa, FL, and I have yet to be able to find any airsoft fields within a reasonable distance. I know Black Tiger is around 45 minutes away I think, but does anybody know of any indoor arenas close by so that I can get in some CQB practice? I've never played indoors and I would love to, especially considering the fact that I want to be a SEAL so I'm trying to get in a bunch of training now. Thanks for any help or ideas!

#2 hellcat

hellcat

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Football, Nascar, Guns, cars/trucks, and of women in yoga pants!!

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

did you look at Combat city in Orlando, or is that too far?

#3 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

I could make the trip to Combat City, but I wouldn't be able to make it often because it's between an hour and 2 hours depending on traffic lol but I'll have to look into them, cuz I completely forgot about Combat City. Thanks

#4 Eman Resu

Eman Resu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:46 PM

If you don't already know, the Black Tiger games are currently hosted at DV8's field. DV8 doesn't have a game schedule up on their website right now, and I've heard that the staff is taking a break for a month or two. But when they get started up again, it's definitely worth the trip to go to a DV8 game with vehicles. Last time I was there they were using just the APC and the Jeep with an M60, but one of the head guys told me that they were trying to get the tank repaired sometime soon.
Also, TAC Lakeland is closer to Tampa than Combat City, but a little farther than DV8/BTA. Their website doesn't seem to have anything except a photo of the field, but they post information about their games on their Facebook page. Their field is outdoors, but most of the cover is provided by decommissioned city busses and other stationary vehicles, which are close enough together to create a semi-CQB environment.

Edited by Eman Resu, 27 April 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#5 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

View PostEman Resu, on 27 April 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

If you don't already know, the Black Tiger games are currently hosted at DV8's field. DV8 doesn't have a game schedule up on their website right now, and I've heard that the staff is taking a break for a month or two. But when they get started up again, it's definitely worth the trip to go to a DV8 game with vehicles. Last time I was there they were using just the APC and the Jeep with an M60, but one of the head guys told me that they were trying to get the tank repaired sometime soon.
Also, TAC Lakeland is closer to Tampa than Combat City, but a little farther than DV8/BTA. Their website doesn't seem to have anything except a photo of the field, but they post information about their games on their Facebook page. Their field is outdoors, but most of the cover is provided by decommissioned city busses and other stationary vehicles, which are close enough together to create a semi-CQB environment.
I saw on BTA website that they were looking for a new home, but I didn't see that they were currently at DV8's field. Do you know where the DV8 field is in relation to Tampa? And it was TAC Lakeland that has the CWB like field? My friends and I have been looking for any indoor arena and if TAC Lakeland is has a field close enough to simulate some CQB then I think it would be worth it.

#6 Eman Resu

Eman Resu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

DV8's address is 3399 Gina Trail, Lithia, FL 33547 I think it's about a 40-minute drive from Tampa.
TAC Lakeland is at 2600 Saluda Rd, Lakeland, FL 33801. Here's an aerial photo of their field: Posted Image

It's worth mentioning that I've never actually played at an indoor CQB arena, but this field definitely has some pretty close engagement distances.

Another opportunity to look into is DV8's Field #2, at 4042 Keysville Rod, Plant City, FL. I haven't personally played there, but you can get a pretty good idea of the field layout from Google Maps. It's a sort of junkyard environment with lots of stationary vehicles, tires, sheet metal walls, etc. I'm not sure how often they have games there, though. The last one I saw was a couple months ago, and it was one of their Milsim games (no high caps).

#7 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

Alright thanks! I'll look into it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users