4 replies to this topic

#1 G36Crambo

G36Crambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:43 AM

Hey everyone. I've been playing airsoft for many years now but this is my first time owning a high-quality KWA G36C. I just received my shipment from Evike and am not too pleased with what I initially see and feel. This is not a bad review nor a rage but simply me pointing out a few things giving me some trouble with my new g36c and would like to have some help or advice from these forums.

First, the three mags that i received all fit like crap when i put them in the magwell. When the mags are inserted they don't make that classic snap sound or even feel like they fit. I have to force the mag in and even then it simply feels like the mag wants to fall out. I'm not sure if something is in the way or what but the mags aren't snaping in and have way too much tension on them when i hit the mag release.

Second, the fire selector switch is next to impossible to move easily with just one finger. If i were to put the gun in my hands and pretend to switch from safe to semi like in a game, i can't. The selector switch feels as if i need to use my whole hand and even push from both sides. Again, not complaining just would like some advice.

The last problem i see at the moment is that there are two sets of small tamiya connectors. I want to put deans on the wires but don't really know how to go about it with the tamiya connectors being all over the place. Are these common problems on a new G36C? All the help and advice would be great! i also can send pictures and give much more information if needed. I've only just taken the gun out of the box and started to delve into what is giving me problems. Thanks!

#2 Salah Ad-Din

Salah Ad-Din

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Skydiver, Aerobatic pilot and... well... Airsoft enthusiast.

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:16 AM

Hi,

I own the same G36 and have never experienced these troubles.
You actually made me get up and try both: the mag "snaps" in place perfectly and doesn't move an inch; I can easily switch the selector with my grip thumb.

I can only guess:
- The mags you bought aren't KWA
- Your G36 got damaged while being shipped
- Someone messed with it internally
- Your G36 has a factory defend

Either way, I'd recomend you demand a replacement.

#3 G36Crambo

G36Crambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

The mag I received with the gun is a factory kwa mag and does fit but has to be pushed in pretty hard to snap. The other mags I received from evike were part of the holy cow deal where you pay $5 for two free mags. The mags they sent me for that "deal" are 70rnd mags and don't even fit for in my gun... As far as the selector switch goes I'm just going to say for now that it's because the gun is new and needs to be broken in. I'm just now faced wth trying to see if I can get another mag that fits better and trying to figure out how to put deans on this thing with all the tamiya plugs.

Edited by G36Crambo, 26 April 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

The KWA mag and fire selector should both loosen up with time.  If it doesn't, you can return them to Umarex for a warranty repair.

#5 G36Crambo

G36Crambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users