4 replies to this topic

#1 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

I'm trying to put a barrel extension on backwards so it goes inside my RIS. However, when I removed my faux gas tube, the RIS wasn't screwed on tight. Nothing I tried worked. It appears as though the gas tube was threaded through the delta ring into the upper receiver to keep the RIS straight. Is there any way around this? How do I overcome this?

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,499 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

There are a couple of things you can do.  If you have the proper armorer's wrench you could tighten the barrel nut to allow for proper alignment.  I had times when this is difficult to impossible though and as a fix I have taken a short piece of the gas tube and secured it within the upper receiver to hold things in register.

Hope this helps.

#3 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

I tried tightening the barrel nut, however it stopped tightening on the RIS before it stopped on the upper receiver and no matter what I did, it wouldn't change. Additionally, I don't really want to break down the gas tube because I don't really know if I want to keep it that way.

Edited by Pyro_Buster, 25 April 2014 - 10:38 AM.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,499 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostPyro_Buster, on 25 April 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

I tried tightening the barrel nut, however it stopped tightening on the RIS before it stopped on the upper receiver and no matter what I did, it wouldn't change. Additionally, I don't really want to break down the gas tube because I don't really know if I want to keep it that way.
Then I would measure the diameter of the gas tub, go to Ace Hardware, Lowe's, or Home Depot, and buy a steel rod that will do the job.

#5 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

Thanks, gcw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users