• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Swiss Shooter

Swiss Shooter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

Any help out there? I've tried everything I can. My trigger will not reset to fire position after the first shot. When I move the fire selector to full auto it clicks back into position. Anyone ever have this problem

#2 J.Ryce

J.Ryce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

What have you done to try and fix your gun?

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:29 PM

Have you disassembled the lower receiver?  Are you trying to get reset in AUTO when dry firing?

-- Chuck

#4 Swiss Shooter

Swiss Shooter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

I have disassembled the entire lowers receiver to do a proper paint job on my gun. I assume the problem is in the lower since it worked fine before I tore it apart. I've pulled it apart several times to see what wrong but at a loss. I believe all the springs a installed. It fires the first shot but won't reset unless I turn the selector switch half way to auto then trigger will click back into position. Full auto works great. I did get a new fire selector because the old one was worn.  Thanks guys for trying to help.

#5 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:12 AM

The disconnector (part of the trigger assembly) handles trigger reset.  I admit to not taking my LM4 apart but have had M4 and AR15 carbines apart hundreds of times.

There's a tapered sear spring in the AR15 trigger under the disconnector (#67 in the LM4 parts diagram) that must go into the trigger big side down in the 5.56mm version.  Since the LM4 closely mimics the M4 check this spring.  If it goes in small side down it will no longer act as a spring and won't position the semi disconnector in the right place.  It will be stuck inside the trigger.  Remove and replace big side down.

Please let us know if this works.

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 21 April 2014 - 03:13 AM.

#6 Cameron Saltmer

Cameron Saltmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

Had the exact same problem this morning, having to keep resetting the trigger after every shot in single fire, whilst it fired fine on full auto. After stripping the rifle down about 10 times i figured out that i was putting the spring (part #65) in incorrectly. I'll try and get a picture of the correct way its fitted tomorrow.

Bit vague i know but i hope this helps..

Cameron

#7 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

LM4 trigger spring is #65.  Should look like this when installed.  Note the tapered sear spring on the tail goes in big end first.  Ignore the numbers, they refer to text in the military manual but the LM4 spring looks the same.

Posted Image

-- Chuck

#8 Swiss Shooter

Swiss Shooter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

I appreciate the help. I ended up bringing my gun into airsplat in seattle to give it a once over and make sure everything is up to pare since I bought my Lm4 used. While I was there I ended up picking up a km4 Sr10. Think I'm going to like this gun quite a bit in the field but I can't wait to get my gas gun back. I know I took the easy way out having someone else fix my gun but I figured I can't go wrong for $30.
Once again I appreciate the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users