3 replies to this topic

#1 AKA Mr Fluffers

AKA Mr Fluffers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Comics, guns, and snapple!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

So recently not long ago, maybe a week from now, I got my Kriss in the mail. This is my very first gbb airsoft gun, and I am looking forward to using it!
I want to keep this gun for a very long time, but unfortunately I am no where near familiar with gbb guns and I am afraid I might accidentally do something in the future to damage my gun.
Any advice in regards towards the Kriss would be much appreciated. Especially in regards towards maintenance. I tried looking for maintenance videos on the Kriss on youtube, but no one has a video of it....
Thanks for Reading!

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:41 AM

Use high quality BBs and Green Gas.  Resist the needless urge to completely disassemble the gun just to see how it works and especially don't try to "upgrade" it beyond what it is.  Ignoring these four basics is what causes many problems.

All mechanical devices, including GBB airsoft guns need some lubrication but a little works better than a lot.  Use bottled silicone oil, not spray.

Like cartridge guns the magazines are the weak point in the system and they all seem to eventually have problems.  A gas valve key or wrench if a vital tool.  Keep dirt out of the magazines.  Don't drop them deliberately.

Shoot the gun frequently the first month.  If problems arise send it to KWA for warranty repair to get it fixed right before the 45 day warranty expires.

-- Chuck

#3 AKA Mr Fluffers

AKA Mr Fluffers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Comics, guns, and snapple!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostChuck S, on 15 April 2014 - 02:41 AM, said:

Use high quality BBs and Green Gas.  Resist the needless urge to completely disassemble the gun just to see how it works and especially don't try to "upgrade" it beyond what it is.  Ignoring these four basics is what causes many problems.

All mechanical devices, including GBB airsoft guns need some lubrication but a little works better than a lot.  Use bottled silicone oil, not spray.

Like cartridge guns the magazines are the weak point in the system and they all seem to eventually have problems.  A gas valve key or wrench if a vital tool.  Keep dirt out of the magazines.  Don't drop them deliberately.

Shoot the gun frequently the first month.  If problems arise send it to KWA for warranty repair to get it fixed right before the 45 day warranty expires.

-- Chuck
Hey thanks for the advice Chuck, I really appreciate it your time to reply.
What kind of green gas do you recommend? I bought two cans of KWA Green Gas on Amazon, and I have already used one today, and I haven't had any issues. I currently have G&G Biodegradable bb's set for the Kriss to shoot, and I'm aware not to use cheap bb's that are sold from local sport stores.
I disassembled the gun yesterday, only to lubricate the bolt before I went to shoot it. I read the manual plenty of times to understand only to disassemble for maintenance.
What kind of bottle silicone oil do you recommend by the way? Any sort of tools I need to apply the oil onto the internals? Like a brush or something?
I am careful when I handle the magazine. I want this gun to last for a while, so I am extra careful with it. Also, where can I get a good gas valve key or wrench? I am not familiar with these sort of tools...
I don't plan to upgrade the gun, I love it how the way it is! Though I might want the change the current stock to an M4 style stock. With the current stock, I have to lean my head near the rear of the gun, and it kind of bugs me a little bit.
I received the gun on April 3, and I got gas for it yesterday, and shot it today. I'll be sure to shoot it as frequently as I can. Should I worry about shooting it too much in one day? Or is that dumb to say?
I'm sorry for all the questions, but this my very first ggb gun, and I love it. I don't want it to break in such a short notice.
Thank you again for your advice!

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:29 AM

Seems like you already have a good idea this!

Field stripping the gun for lubrication if fine.  I'd avoid needless further disassembly.  If something goes wrong during the warranty period send the gun to KWA for repair.  Lubrication of the working parts just takes a drop at wear points and pivots.  The KWA version faithfully mimic the cartridge gun's complex bolt and recoil system with several wear points.  My Kriss went to a good home so I no longer recall specific lubrication points.

The few brands of green gas I've purchased all seem to come from the same source and are private labelled.  The Hazmat shipping fee makes case buying economic sense as does buying out of state to avoid local taxes.  

-- Chuck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new gun, advice, newbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users