• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Anthony

Anthony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

I recently shot my Km4 at an airsoft arena and i was very worried. BBs were skipping every other shot. I was told to lube my mags and clean my barrel and this worked somewhat as bbs skipped once every six shots for an hour. However, bbs started to skip more frequently again. I then asked the referee who is knowledgeable about internals of airsoft guns to a certain extent and he told me it was most likely something wrong with the hop up. I was also told by someone playing who said he previously had the same gun that it was a motor issue. However, when I held the gun sideways(I'm not sure myself what drove me to hold it sideways), no bbs skipped.Just as a side note I use an echo 1 11.1v 1600mAh lipo battery with .23g bbs and I have had this airsoft gun for 5 months and used at most 3 times a month. On average I use it 2 times a month. Also, I am not to comfortable opening the gun on my own but knowing the issue will help when I bring it to a professional.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,547 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

View PostAnthony, on 14 April 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

I recently shot my Km4 at an airsoft arena and i was very worried. BBs were skipping every other shot. I was told to lube my mags and clean my barrel and this worked somewhat as bbs skipped once every six shots for an hour. However, bbs started to skip more frequently again. I then asked the referee who is knowledgeable about internals of airsoft guns to a certain extent and he told me it was most likely something wrong with the hop up. I was also told by someone playing who said he previously had the same gun that it was a motor issue. However, when I held the gun sideways(I'm not sure myself what drove me to hold it sideways), no bbs skipped.Just as a side note I use an echo 1 11.1v 1600mAh lipo battery with .23g bbs and I have had this airsoft gun for 5 months and used at most 3 times a month. On average I use it 2 times a month. Also, I am not to comfortable opening the gun on my own but knowing the issue will help when I bring it to a professional.
Is this a high cap mag....one that needs winding? And ....welcome to the KWA Forums!!!

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:49 AM

The hopup unit in the KM4 is easily accessible and should be cleaned when you remove the barrel for cleaning.  There are some tiny parts inside so don't lose them.

In my experience magazines -- airsoft or cartridge -- should never be lubricated.  They should be clean and dry.  Lubrication picks up dirt and dust and oil in the bucking causes it to swell and function poorly.  Your bucking may be oil saturated just from the grease being expelled from the gearbox and will need cleaning.  There are several threads on this simple overnight procedure.  Remember to not lose the small parts when removing the hopup unit from the barrel and the bucking from the hopup.

-- Chuck

#4 Anthony

Anthony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

In response to gcw360, my mags are all mid caps. Also, thanks chuck s, I would have kept lubing my mags if you hadn't told me that that was actually bad.

#5 Anthony

Anthony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

My only concern is that after I clean the hop up and barrel, what if it still skips bbs? Will it need costly repairs?

#6 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

A new bucking and nub will usually restore good operation.

-- Chuck

#7 Anthony

Anthony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

Okay, and is the best way to clean my hop up to let it sit in soapy water then let it dry? That's what I have heard to do.

#8 Anthony

Anthony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

Oh wait, there is a forum for that, nvm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users