Contemplating on getting an SR-7. Required upgrades?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Klāvs Dzelzs-Vaivars

Klāvs Dzelzs-Vaivars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

Hey Guys,

I am planning on getting in to the KWA environment :). Currently my eyes are set on the SR-7, since i would prefer to have the one gun to rule them all, which means that it needs to fit for both indoor fights and outdoor fields. Which would mean that i would like to get the max range while still keeping the FPS down. (the stock FPS of 350@.20 is +- max legal @Latvia).

I am right in thinking that the SR-7 would be > the M4 RIS right?

Also, what kind of upgrades would you suggest to get out of the box? I am currently in the US which would allow me to get the necessary upgrades while i am still here.

I currently am considering to get a barrel upgrade with the addition of the R-Hop, but i am stuck on figuring out which brand and what length to get.
Currently i have looked at Angel Custom and ZCI. I would like to get a PDI, but i am not sure about the value added for spending the extra $. Also considering the Mag leaf 70*? bucking.

Would there be any other parts that i should look at from the get go?

Thanks!

#2 Genghis

Genghis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Backyard airsoft, MILSIM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:39 AM

--If you are going for really nice external upgrades, you can trade your Delta-Ring, 7-inch RIS and Triangle Sight for the Daniel Defense RIS II. It's very easy to install and makes for a really cool look as the RIS extends to right before your flash hider. Expensive, but very rugged and well designed. If you're going to do this you'll probably want a low-profile gas block, Noveseke makes great ones.
--An EOTech sight is good for CQB, and if you want to do field, you can always attach a flip-up magnifier.  
--A 6.03mm barrel is a great idea, better than the stock 6.05mm. The length of the SR-7 is awesome so I'd keep the same length barrel. (273mm) If you want to get a longer barrel and grab a [barrel extension]/barrel extension for it, you'll get a nice look but the added length is harder in CQB.  
--There's nothing too bad about the stock bucking but the R-hop will definitely be a good investment.
--You just want to make sure the FPS stays down and remember that 340-350 in a CQB setting is really hitting hard so you shouldn't shy away from any upgrades that might lower your FPS.

Looks like you're about to make a sick SR-7, it's a great choice and I'd choose it over the M4 RIS for sure. Make sure to post a picture of the finished masterpiece, good luck.

#3 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

I personally own an SR7 and I love it. I too put a Maple Leaf 70° bucking, but I installed the included flat hop instead of an R hop. In my opinion, the flat hop far outperforms R hop. As for barrel, you don't really need to upgrade the inner barrel. You can if you want to spend another $30, but I left mine stock and it still shoots beautifully. Definitely upgrade the spring though. I changed mine to an M110 long, and as long as you play with the hop up a little, you can get it under 350. If you turn the hop up all the way off, and M110 long will put you a tiny bit over but it's the closest you'll get without going way under. Maybe an M100, but I used an M110, turned the hop up just barely on, and got under 350. Sights are all a matter of personal preference. I prefer my NCStar red dot over my EOTech, but that's something you'll have to decide yourself. Anything after spring and bucking, and the results are so minor and expensive that it really doesn't make too much of a difference unless you're super particular. Except the motor. But your RPS is already quite high. Other than that, the rest of your external upgrades are all personal preference. I can post pictures of mine if you'd like.

#4 vaivars

vaivars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for all the awesome suggestions!

I currently wont invest in to visual upgrades due to budget limitations, so all my investments are in pure performance upgrades.

So the current upgrade list is:

spring
barrel (if custom hop is installed, might as well get it).
bucking

The question for the barrel though is length. What variations are fine? What kind of inner barrel length am i looking for if i would want to go for something like this: Posted Image

And what are your opinions on the barrel manufacturers? Prometheus from what i have read don't work that well with KWA, is that true?

#5 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

I don't have too much experience with inner barrels except the Madbull 6.03 V2 Black Python and it seems to work fine. As for length, keep it as close to original as possible if you are absolutely set on getting a barrel. Although like I said, your stock barrel is already very good and I'd use the money from the barrel on aesthetics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users