• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Boodle

Boodle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:09 AM

Hey guys! I am very pleased to find a KWA forum. So I just got an sr7 and was wondering if there is anything particular I should be aware of or anything of that matter (I also have an ATP in the mail coming). I am running a 7.4v lipo. The only thing this gun leaves me wanting is a little bit higher ROF and a bit more range. What would I need to do to achieve these? And I also noticed that the KWA has a more "hollow" sound than other AEGs is this normal?
-thanks in advance for my jumbled up questions

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:00 AM

Hey Boodle!

Cyclic rate (called rate of fire in airsoft for unknown reasons) is almost completely dependent on motor speed which (minus a replacement "high speed" motor) is dependent on battery voltage.  An 11.1v LiPO battery will dramatically boost the cyclic rate and is a "drop in."

Range is a function of pellet velocity and mass.  The air resistance to the projectile is astounding and muzzle velocity drops very fast.  A heavier pellet will have more momentum and tend to maintain its velocity better than a light pellet.  Classic, dramatic example is how far you can throw a baseball compared to Styrofoam ball the same size and shape.

A 0.30g pellet is 50% heavier and hence has 50% move momentum than a 0.20g with at the same velocity.  The complication here is the gun won't fire the 0.30g pellet as fast as it fires the 0.20g!  You'll have to experiment with BB weights to see which gives you the most range.  To go beyond this requires opening the gearbox to increase the spring weight which sill increase muzzle velocity and a cylinder with more volume will push more air down the barrel.  Note a heavier spring will cause the motor to work harder and decrease the cyclic rate.

A ballistic software designed for firearms works poorly for airsoft because of the hop up effect on the pellets that adds lift.  Bullets are only affected by gravity.

-- Chuck

#3 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:43 AM

Welcome to the forums, Boodle!

I myself just purchased an SR7 about a month ago and used it for the first time yesterday. I'm in love! Here's what I did:

Changed my spring (for some reason it was only shooting around 320) from an M110 short to an M110 long. Probably would be best if you let a tech do it if it's your first time.

Changed my bucking to a Maple Leaf 70°. I am currently obsessed with these buckings. They outperform any other bucking I've ever seen.

And finally, I use a custom built 11.1v 2200 mAh battery. You can get one from eliteairsoftbatteries.com.

All these combined gives me an FPS right at 400 +/-5 consistently, accuracy to probably somewhere around 200 maybe 250 feet (haven't tried much farther), and ROF of somewhere in the realm of 23 or so. The spring was $10. The bucking was $10. And the battery was $40. I don't think I'll do anything else to it, I love it so much!

#4 Boodle

Boodle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

Thanks! Would a tightbore with a bit more length do me any good? If so which one would be recommended? And is it characteristic of KWA AEGs to have a different sound than others? Maybe even closer to a dry fire sound? Thanks
-Bryce

#5 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

The only question that I can REALLY help with, is the sound. I just went out and took the suppressor off my M4, and when it fires, it has more of a thwap sound to it. When it dry fires, there's more of a sharp crack. I don't know if that's what you mean, but otherwise all I can think is the sound of the motor, and from what I've heard, they're all about the same. One of my best friends has a JG M4, and the other has an Echo 1 Troy model CQB M4 and they all sound about the same. I have a CQR Mod 2 so the only real difference I've heard is the dry fire sound. As for barrels, a longer tightbore will help a little bit because it allows the bb to stabilize more before it leaves the barrel. As for recommendations, I think either a Madbull or Angel Custom would be your best bet. Just from what I've seen, Angel Custom has more choices in terms of length because I've looked at some barrels for my sniper rifle as well as for my AEG. Prices though I can't really give much advice on, so it's up to you. Hope I helped!

#6 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

View PostBoodle, on 06 April 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

Thanks! Would a tightbore with a bit more length do me any good? If so which one would be recommended? And is it characteristic of KWA AEGs to have a different sound than others? Maybe even closer to a dry fire sound? Thanks
-Bryce

I just bought a Madbull for my SR10, and I haven't noticed that much of a difference. Although let it be known I installed it Friday night, and my friends used it most of Saturday. I only got like 5 minutes with it and I didn't even have it sighted in. So I can't answer that as of now. Maybe I'll have a better answer tomorrow. As for the sound, try fiddling with the middle screw on the bottom of the pistol grip. That screw (it's big and flat head) applies pressure to the motor. When I first received my SR7 the screw was over tightened and was produced a higher pitch sound with a little bit of whine. After some adjustment, it sounds normal and I believe even better trigger response.

Edited by Pyro_Buster, 06 April 2014 - 06:25 PM.

#7 Boodle

Boodle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

Ok, so is there any sort of guideline for ajusting the motor pressure screw?

#8 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

Loosen first. Fire a couple times and listen to it. Continue to tighten in increments until you hear the whine. Back off just a bit and you should be good to go. Not sure if those are actual guidelines, but that's what my tech recommended and it seemed to work fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users