• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chicken

Chicken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

Hi everyone, I recently have encountered a problem with my atp over hopping.  It works great for the first few shots, but then the bb's take a drastic upward curve.  I know it isn't my bb's because I'm using .28's.  If anyone has any ideas as to why this might be happening I would really appreciate your feedback.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,591 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

Dumb question but are you certain the hop-up is all the way off?  If that's not it, have you used any silicone in the barrel or hop-up?  Or, have you been using propane and adding silicone?  If that is the case, silicone can cause the bucking to swell causing over-hop or jamming of BB's. If silicone is the issue, you will need to replace the bucking.

#3 Chicken

Chicken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

The hop up is all of the way off but the silicone is a possibility.  Is there any way to clean that out.

#4 Chicken

Chicken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

Hey thanks for the response i tried cleaning the hop up out with a q-tip and it worked.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,591 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

View PostChicken, on 05 April 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

Hey thanks for the response i tried cleaning the hop up out with a q-tip and it worked.
Awesome!  I'm glad it worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users