• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chicken

Chicken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

I have had my atp for about 15 months now and I recently began running into some issues. The thing just will not cycle properly.  I just want to know whether to buy a new gun or if there is something that can be done.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostChicken, on 30 March 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

I have had my atp for about 15 months now and I recently began running into some issues. The thing just will not cycle properly.  I just want to know whether to buy a new gun or if there is something that can be done.
Hi Chicken - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  Can you describe aht exactly is happening when the gun cycles?  This will help us diagnose the issue.

#3 Chicken

Chicken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

Well it cycles fine for a while but after a good 20 shots or so it is not kicking as hard and the slide dosent lock back at the end of the mag.  If it helps it was about 48 degrees when I was shooting.

#4 Chicken

Chicken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Never mind everyone I lubed up my loading nozzle and now it works fine

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

Good to know, thanks for the follow-up

#6 bentwings

bentwings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

I've got over 8000 rounds thru my ATP since Nov '13 without a problem.  I just load mags with gas and bb's and go shoot.  It works every time.  I do clean and lube it every outing.  Cleaning the inner barrel helps with accuracy.

I just started using .28 bb's but the weather has been lousy so I haven't had much chance for longer range practice.  It seems better but I need to do more target shooting to verify this.

My older son who should know better didn't think too much of the power of this gun and said he wanted to prove it by having me shoot him with my heavy leather jacket on.  After much reluctance on my part I gave in and had him don goggles and the leather jacket.

I gave him 2 shots on the back and one on each azz cheek rapid fire.  Those four black and blue welts have convinced him this is no "toy" gun.

Anyway I'd recomment this pistol for an every day reliable shooter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users