• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Charles Lombardo II

Charles Lombardo II

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

My MP9 was working fine in the month that I owned it, but the other day at a game, the magazines would shoot one shot, and then start doing this weird thing where its firing blanks, and suddenly it blows all of the gas out quickly and makes a strange sound. There was plenty of gas in the mag (Green Gas), I used high quality .20's, the BB's were lined up perfectly in the magazine, and I put the mag in before releasing the bolt. I have completely stripped the gun down and I cant seem to find the cause of the problem with it. I need help with this ASAP because I was planning on doing a trade. I made a video showing exactly what the gun does. I got it used from a friend (it worked fine for him, and even for me up until the other day) so I dont think its anything he did to it. - https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be[1]

Edited by Charles Lombardo II, 28 March 2014 - 08:07 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

View PostCharles Lombardo II, on 28 March 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

My MP9 was working fine in the month that I owned it, but the other day at a game, the magazines would shoot one shot, and then start doing this weird thing where its firing blanks, and suddenly it blows all of the gas out quickly and makes a strange sound. There was plenty of gas in the mag (Green Gas), I used high quality .20's, the BB's were lined up perfectly in the magazine, and I put the mag in before releasing the bolt. I have completely stripped the gun down and I cant seem to find the cause of the problem with it. I need help with this ASAP because I was planning on doing a trade. I made a video showing exactly what the gun does. I got it used from a friend (it worked fine for him, and even for me up until the other day) so I dont think its anything he did to it. - https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be[1]
Hi CLII - Wecome to the KWA Forums.  I think you are in luck.  Get a new can of gas and fill the mag all the way (30 second count).  What you are showing is a classic example of a mag running out of gas.  I suspect that the fill can you are using is getting low.

#3 Charles Lombardo II

Charles Lombardo II

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

View Postgcw360, on 29 March 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

Hi CLII - Wecome to the KWA Forums.  I think you are in luck.  Get a new can of gas and fill the mag all the way (30 second count).  What you are showing is a classic example of a mag running out of gas.  I suspect that the fill can you are using is getting low.
Last night i took apart my gun and cleaned it, and decided i would follow your advice this morning. But now, if i pull the bolt back and release it with no mag in the gun, it goes forward perfectly. But if i put a mag in, and close the bolt, it doesnt shut all the way, and immediately jams, so I cant fire the gun at all. I also noticed that if the bolt is shut, the magazine will not click into place anymore, and will fall out if i dont hold it..

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,720 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

How far did you strip the gun down and can you explain how you cleaned it? Without more detail regarding this it is very difficult to diagnose the issue.  Also, can you explain what you mean by "immediately jams"?  In what way is it jamming?

#5 Charles Lombardo II

Charles Lombardo II

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

Well I took out the bolt, barrel, and the Cylinder (part #10). I noticed there were 3 pieces lodged in the back of the Cylinder where they did not belong. Parts number 133,127, and 129 had fallen out from the breech base (part #19) so I put them back together accordingly, and added some "lock-tight" adhesive to keep them from falling out again. Since then, my gun has been working perfectly

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mp9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users