• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Erikmacc

Erikmacc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:34 AM

I recently purchase a kwa sr10 and probably put approx 2000 rounds before taking it to a local field. The gun seemed like it was shooting great I am using .25 golden ball bbs and kwa 120 mid caps. At the field yesterday everything was great until my last game where it seemed like the gun was shooting very weak. I chronoed it and I was only getting 275 to 285. I feel like this is rather low and I'm concerned. I haven't looked at anything yet I just don't know what to look for or what is common for this gun since I'm new to airsoft. Can someone please advise? Should I send to Kwa ? At the end of the game my gun was also not feeding.

#2 BLATEY

BLATEY

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Keepin' it Real.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

If you still have a warranty you should send it in.

#3 Erikmacc

Erikmacc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

I do still have warranty. Does anyone know what this gun should chrono with .25s being like new. I know the spring needs to settle I just didn't think it would settle so quickly. Also it's possible the chrono used at the field was on the fritz because I got a tout reading for like 15 shots.

#4 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

Mine is 3 months oid, 410/415 fps with .20s (make it about 375 with .25s). Do have a green G&G bucking in it, other than that its stock. Have been leaving the spring compressed last week but not dropping yet(want it to get to 400). Would check it against another crono before going too far.

#5 Erikmacc

Erikmacc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

Yea that's what I'm gonna do until I take drastic measures. Now you said you left the spring compressed ? Can you embellish on that and also do you like the g&g bucking better than the 2gx ?

#6 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

When you compress the spring, theoretically it should "shorten" the spring and reduce the FPS. In theory it sounds great. In reality it doesn't work. I've seen some tests done where someone compressed his spring for 6 months and it still shot the same. As for bucking, KWA's stock bucking sucks. There're no two ways around it. G&G green is decent, as is JG blue. I have JG blue on my SR10. However, I was recently introduced to Maple Leaf 70°, which comes with a flat hop. That's what I have on my SR7, and it shoots almost as well, if not just as well as my SR10 despite the shorter barrel on the SR7. I highly recommend it and it's in the same general price range. Mine cost me $15. As BLATELY suggested, I would send it in for warranty before messing with the bucking. Hope this helps and happy airsofting!

#7 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:53 AM

PB is right on both counts, a new spring will loose a little at first but hard to get a  spring to drop a lot buy being compressed after it has been in the gun for a bit. I just made that comment because you thought your spring may have settled and lost 125fps.  The G&G is great for flat hop mod, I too have just put a Maple Leaf 70 bucking in my sons Top Tech aeg with a prommy black bridge tensioner. Pretty impressed with it, son was hitting me from 240 ft away every 2 out of 5 bursts aimming a little over my head (very windy day). Will be buying another one for my SR10.

#8 Erikmacc

Erikmacc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

So if a settled spring is out then I don't know what it could be todAy I got the gun to shoot but thru a whole clip I was getting double shots out of the barrel on semi and full auto and it still seems weak in fps I don't get it. This weekend is another game in my area if I chrono and get 230/250/and max 280 I'm going to send the gun in.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,606 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

Erikmacc, on 25 March 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

So if a settled spring is out then I don't know what it could be todAy I got the gun to shoot but thru a whole clip I was getting double shots out of the barrel on semi and full auto and it still seems weak in fps I don't get it. This weekend is another game in my area if I chrono and get 230/250/and max 280 I'm going to send the gun in.
That would be a good idea. I doubt it's the spring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users