4 replies to this topic

#1 berniethesniper

berniethesniper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

Hi guys.. this has more to do with gas guns overall but it does inclucde the m11a1 so maybe you could help me

I recently started using propane instead of green gas and it has been a horror

I went to a local sporting goods store and picked up some coleman propane and bought an airsoft propane adapter (no name company) I used it on my mark iv 1911... m11a1.. and a couple more gas guns i own.. The problem is that I can barely get a full mag off before the gas runs out. It is not like my guns are broken or damaged because they work fine with green gas. For example i would load up my mark iv with 11 rounds and charge it with propane and at around 5 shots the thing is out of gas. I thought maybe the propane was defective so i bought 3 new bottles but no help. I then invested in an airsoft innovation v4 propane adapter but still nothing

does anyone have any suggestions...

thanks!!

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:41 AM

Try filling for at least 30 seconds.  You're putting liquid into the mags so the gas cylinder needs to be inverted (although I assume you're filling like this).

-- Chuck

#3 berniethesniper

berniethesniper

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

still no luck

should i just stick with green gas??

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:10 AM

If you're only getting a few shots from a magazine my guess remains you're under-filling the magazines.  Some of the propane adapters are reported to work better than others.  Since several cylinders don't seem to fill your magazine  we're left with three prime suspects.  

(1) All the cylinders are bad.  Unlikely unless they're all from the same lot.  

(2) Neither of your adapters is allowing the liquid to flow into the magazines.  

(3)  Check the horrible rubber baseplate pad on your magazines, it's so thick you may not be getting a full valve opening when filling.  I sanded mine (Mark I) down to about half thickness.  I tried removing the pad completely but the baseplate is fragile plastic and will break without it.

There may be other suspects the I'd see what adapter guys here recommend.  Your buddies use propane?  Try theirs.

You can also try MAPP gas (Home Depot, Lowes, etc) in the yellow cylinder.  Not real MAPP but has more pressure than propane and some guys report better results in cooler conditions.  Awful smell though, I won't even store it in my shed.  You're going to need s bit of silicone lubricant in the gas but that's a study in itself.

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 25 March 2014 - 04:10 AM.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

I'm with Chuck.  If the tanks are full then either you need to fill the mags longer or the adapters are not allowing enough gas into the mag.  I have seen this a number of times and it required use of a different adapter to get the mags full. This isn't just a KWA issue, once I tested an adapter, that was not working on a KWA GBB, on a TM GBB and it would not fill that mag either. In the end it may come down to trial and error and you may benefit for trying a friends at your local field to ensure you find one that works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users