Can someone please tell me which V3 gearbox version I have?

g36c gearbox 2gx trades

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CerealKiller

CerealKiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

Hello. I recently bought two used KWA G36C's online. Upon receiving them, I noticed that they have different trades. I plan on keeping the newest one and reselling the other.

Could anyone help me identify which G36C has the most recent gearbox, and which versions of KWA's V3 gearbox each G36C is using, based off of the trades? Does either one have the 2GX gearbox? How can you tell?

A huge thanks in advance!

Attached Files

Edited by CerealKiller, 11 March 2014 - 08:37 AM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,718 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

View PostCerealKiller, on 11 March 2014 - 05:50 AM, said:

Hello. I recently bought two used KWA G36C's online. Upon receiving them, I noticed that they have different trades. I plan on keeping the newest one and reselling the other.

Could anyone help me identify which G36C has the most recent gearbox, and which versions of KWA's V3 gearbox each G36C is using, based off of the trades? Does either one have the 2GX gearbox? How can you tell?

A huge thanks in advance!
The one with the HK trades os the newest and should be 2GX.

#3 CerealKiller

CerealKiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

View Postgcw360, on 11 March 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

The one with the HK trades os the newest and should be 2GX.

Thanks!

#4 CerealKiller

CerealKiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

Also, is the non-2GX one pretty lipo-ready, as in with a 15C 11.1 lipo? I am especially concerned about the durability of the piston and gearbox shell.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,718 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostCerealKiller, on 11 March 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

Also, is the non-2GX one pretty lipo-ready, as in with a 15C 11.1 lipo? I am especially concerned about the durability of the piston and gearbox shell.
The piston is similar assuming it's the original but at this point would be old.  Also, the V3 gear box as a rule is more durable than the V2.  I can't guarantee the piston because of potential age, but the gearbox should be fine assuming no abuse from the previous owner.

#6 CerealKiller

CerealKiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

Thanks, great to know! Just out of curiosity, why is the V2 gearbox still used so extensively when the V3 seems to deliver nearly identical performance (maybe even better in terms of hop up), but with better durability? I guess it doesn't make much of a difference in a 2GX KWA, since the gearbox shell is so heavily reinforced, but I wonder why the V2 is still around, generally speaking.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: g36c, gearbox, 2gx, trades

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users