2 replies to this topic

#1 Damon William B

Damon William B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:53 AM

Hey guys,

So I've been using an array of KWA guns for sometime and happen to have had the chance to pickup a MKII from a buddy for cheap.

The gun worked great for like 4 months or so after until Broken Home last year. I noticed mid day that the slide catch had fallen out along went the left side safety and the (safety / slide catch plunger / piston), after backtracking I was able to find the slide catch but not the other pieces.

Now the kicker is I love KWA and I want to replace all the needed parts but what I am curious to is how I prevent it from falling out again, maybe the plunger is the primary part and the safety fell out first? I have no idea, I've poured over the part sheets and really don't see anything else missing?

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Damon.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:09 AM

View PostDamon William B, on 05 March 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

Hey guys,

So I've been using an array of KWA guns for sometime and happen to have had the chance to pickup a MKII from a buddy for cheap.

The gun worked great for like 4 months or so after until Broken Home last year. I noticed mid day that the slide catch had fallen out along went the left side safety and the (safety / slide catch plunger / piston), after backtracking I was able to find the slide catch but not the other pieces.

Now the kicker is I love KWA and I want to replace all the needed parts but what I am curious to is how I prevent it from falling out again, maybe the plunger is the primary part and the safety fell out first? I have no idea, I've poured over the part sheets and really don't see anything else missing?

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Damon.
Hi Damon, welcome to the KWA Forums.  Is there any chance you can post a picture of the parts that fell out?  I want to make sure we have a clear picture of what exactly happened to the gun.

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

The safety lock and slide stop should not "fall out" of this pistol (nor a real M1911) unless there's something way out of spec on the pistol.

1.  The safety lock (frame safety) should only be able to  be removed when the the lever is half-way between fire and safe and then it usually requires wiggling and pulling outwards.  Since your pistol is used it's possible the safety lock was pried out and broke parts inside the frame.  Or it's very worn out.  If you can remove it in Safe or Fire there's a problem.  When the safety comes out the aft plunger and spring will exit rapidly in the KWA model because neither the plungers nor spring are locked together and the spring lacks the little bend that secures it in the plunger tube of a real M1911.  Both these defects can be easily cured with a gentle bend to the middle of the spring and slight crimping of both ends of the spring so they are a tight fit on the end of the two detents.  Gentle does it.

2.  The slide stop should only be able to  be removed thru the disassembly notch in the slide just behind the slide stop notch.  If it can come out in any other position either it was assembled wrong (not fully inside the slide) or the slide stop is broken or excessively worn or the slide is way out of spec.  This may have been pried out and damaged the pistol.

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 08 March 2014 - 09:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users