4 replies to this topic

#1 Aaron Hammond

Aaron Hammond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Milsim, Digital Art, Digital Design

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

"Stanley" was originally a trade I made a few months ago with a friend for an Echo 1 AMD-65. Glad to say I think I got away with the better half of the deal. He was all stock aside from the missing gas-block being gone, and a few internal upgrades that I'm not sure of.

I have installed:
TD 4.5" outer barrel
Lancer 7.5" Mock Surpressor
Tapco "Stubby" Vertical Grip
Magpul MBUS Gen 1 Set
Some brand of tan rail covers
and some lazer sight thing I "stole" from a buddy (he didn't care)

Anyway, here's some pics of what he looks like today:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 ssurfe4

ssurfe4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

Very nice!  Now I know there is a 4.5" outer barrel out there.  I am getting ready to do a similar shorter outer barrel with long barrel extension under the RIS as well and it is nice to see what it might look like.  :D  Did you install a longer inner barrel as well?  If so, I am curious if you did a range/accuracy/fps test with the stock vs longer inner barrel and what your results were.

#3 Aaron Hammond

Aaron Hammond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

View Postssurfe4, on 03 March 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Very nice!  Now I know there is a 4.5" outer barrel out there.  I am getting ready to do a similar shorter outer barrel with long barrel extension under the RIS as well and it is nice to see what it might look like.  :D  Did you install a longer inner barrel as well?  If so, I am curious if you did a range/accuracy/fps test with the stock vs longer inner barrel and what your results were.

I haven't gotten around to installing a new inner barrel just yet, but I do have plans to!

#4 ssurfe4

ssurfe4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

Is that the stock RIS?  How far in does the barrel extension fit under the RIS approximately?   I was looking at extensions tonight at a local shop and many were to big to fit inside RIS  :-(   I was also surprised that my stock SR7 chrono'd at 390 fps with 0.20g bbs.

#5 Aaron Hammond

Aaron Hammond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

View Postssurfe4, on 03 March 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

Is that the stock RIS?  How far in does the barrel extension fit under the RIS approximately?   I was looking at extensions tonight at a local shop and many were to big to fit inside RIS  :-(   I was also surprised that my stock SR7 chrono'd at 390 fps with 0.20g bbs.

Yes, it is the stock RIS. I have found that Gemtech "Blackside" Extensions fit under the RIS no problem. I, however, am using a Lancer Tactical extension, and it's actually a bit too narrow (i have a small piece of rubber under it to keep it from clinking against the RIS). But I would definitely recommend the Gemtech Blacksides, they fit perfectly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: km4, sr7, stanley, honey badger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users