• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iWar

iWar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Racing at the track, Music, Airsoft, playing sports, and anything that is fun...

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

So my buddy just bought this motor and brought it over so we could test it out... I have to say I was pretty impressed... I threw it in my SR10 and was getting 33.5 rps and 1 out of 5 was over 34.5 on stock gears with a fully charged 1600mah 25c lipo... On a half charged battery I was still getting 31 rps... I did not get to hot either... Its says it is rated for M90-M120 but I was running it on a G&G M130 and still getting those results... Magnets seemed pretty strong as well... They were just released mid January of this year and could not find any info or reviews of them so thought I'd post it here for my fellow KWA owners... I think it may be a rebranded AIM Tornado High Speed motor but I'm not sure... I've never had any experience with those... But for $36 on sale I'm gonna buy one for my SR10 and I'll be trying it out in my high speed P90... Not sure how it will perform over time, but I will post a follow up after 50K rounds or so... Which at those speeds won't be to long :drooling: ...

Evike "Tornado" High Speed High Performance Airsoft AEG Motor - Long Type$45.00$36.00MO-21 / D11-247+ Cart

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,499 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:12 AM

View PostiWar, on 20 February 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

So my buddy just bought this motor and brought it over so we could test it out... I have to say I was pretty impressed... I threw it in my SR10 and was getting 33.5 rps and 1 out of 5 was over 34.5 on stock gears with a fully charged 1600mah 25c lipo... On a half charged battery I was still getting 31 rps... I did not get to hot either... Its says it is rated for M90-M120 but I was running it on a G&G M130 and still getting those results... Magnets seemed pretty strong as well... They were just released mid January of this year and could not find any info or reviews of them so thought I'd post it here for my fellow KWA owners... I think it may be a rebranded AIM Tornado High Speed motor but I'm not sure... I've never had any experience with those... But for $36 on sale I'm gonna buy one for my SR10 and I'll be trying it out in my high speed P90... Not sure how it will perform over time, but I will post a follow up after 50K rounds or so... Which at those speeds won't be to long :drooling: ...

Evike "Tornado" High Speed High Performance Airsoft AEG Motor - Long Type$45.00$36.00MO-21 / D11-247+ Cart
Thanks for the post.  I would lover to see some pictures of the end-bell and info on the type of pinion so we can understand more about the construction quality.

#3 iWar

iWar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Racing at the track, Music, Airsoft, playing sports, and anything that is fun...

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

I will try to post some pics on monday, but I will say every time I try to upload pics I have issues... I have resized them to the point of 50x80 pixels and the site still tells me the files are to big... I can email them to you and you can post if your comfortable with that... Also the motor will get its first game play tomorrow so I will update on hows it performs out on the field...

#4 iWar

iWar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

So I was very happy with the way the motor performed on sunday... It did get pretty hot when I put it under heavy stress, but no hotter then I've gotten my stock KWA motor... It also seems very efficient on the battery, I played all day on 2 batteries (11.1 25C 1600mah) and shot about 8K rounds... A little more then I normally shoot but I really wanted to test it out and run it hard... The pinion gear looks good after the first use... The only real thing I've noticed was when I removed the motor plate there was ALOT of dust from the brushes inside the grip, all over the wires, and motor... I never really remember seeing that much dust in any gun, but it may be that I was just never really looking for it... I tried to post pics but once again its telling me that the file size is to big after I reduced the size 10 times... SO over all I'm happy with it but  may look into replacing the stock brushes with some Lonex brushes... What do you guys think??? I've never really swapped out parts on motors before...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users