Chrono's?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 toxtreme

toxtreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Small Bore Silohette Comp, Lacrosse, Hockey, Football, Outdoors

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

So I'm old in paintball, but new in airsoft ( can play all winter in central IL) anyway, I have a chrono "The BIG RED one" from the paintball fields, it seems to work fine to chron my SR7 but am looking at the xcortech x3200. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the xcortech will chrono paintballs also? If so I'm going to sell the "BIG RED ONE" and buy the xcortech.

#2 iWar

iWar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Racing at the track, Music, Airsoft, playing sports, and anything that is fun...

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:28 AM

I have the 3200 and I'm not sure if it will work for paintballs... The paintball would fit if you shot it perfect but if you hit the inside I think you'd have a mess... Plus I there is no setting for that weight and diameter... So I'd have to say it would not work... The 3200 is very nice though... Its on sale for $60 on evike... Thats the cheapest I've ever seen it...

Xcortech F.D. New Gen. Advanced X3200 Handheld Computer Airsoft Chronograph / ChronyRegular Price: $99.00$60.00Add to CartChrony-Xcortech / L3-908

#3 airsoftmatthias

airsoftmatthias

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

The Shooting Chrony F-1 is incredibly accurate and is slightly cheaper than the XCortech. However, it does not measure ROF.

Edited by airsoftmatthias, 20 February 2014 - 06:59 PM.

#4 Downs

Downs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Shooting for fun and competitively, motorcycles, cars, jeeps, racing, 4-wheeling, flying, camping, hiking.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

I've got the F-1 and it's a great chronograph and has multiple uses.  Paintballs, BBs, real ammo.

#5 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:15 PM

I would advise against chrono'ing paintballs with the xcortech.  You could end up making a mess inside and render it almost useless. :)

#6 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

I believe the BB mass is settable but the paint issue seems to be the over-riding reason to not use the Xcortec.

-- Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users