Question on irrational bob flight with first few shots?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Killerkeith

Killerkeith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

When I start shooting my brand new kwa sr 10 the first 5 shots or so shoot as if the hop up is set for the bbs to make a nose dive. After about 5 shots the guns shoots accurately to about 50 yards.  What. Would ma ke the first 5 or so shots shoot like this after every set of shots?

#2 iWar

iWar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Racing at the track, Music, Airsoft, playing sports, and anything that is fun...

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

Clean your barrel and bucking and report back...

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,715 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

View PostKillerkeith, on 15 February 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

When I start shooting my brand new kwa sr 10 the first 5 shots or so shoot as if the hop up is set for the bbs to make a nose dive. After about 5 shots the guns shoots accurately to about 50 yards.  What. Would ma ke the first 5 or so shots shoot like this after every set of shots?
No need for two threads.  I attempted to merge the threads but to no avail.  Here is my response from the other thread which is closed.

"How long between shots (when the problem occurs...and then reoccurs) and how cold is it?  Sounds like it could be a cold bucking....could be dirty too.  Put the two together and you get the same problem."

#4 Killerkeith

Killerkeith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

My time in between shots to make this occur are as little as 10 seconds. I have put app. 1000-1500 bbs through the gun so far and I've noticed it does it everytime I start shooting or replace mags. I have shot the gun cold and while at room temp. It hasn't made a difference.
I must say I like the accuracy once it starts shooting normally.

#5 Jesse Hammil

Jesse Hammil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

Sounds like an oily/dirty bucking.  Have you removed it and washed with warm soapy water and a qtip? Thoroughly.

Edited by Jesse Hammil, 15 February 2014 - 09:20 PM.

#6 Killerkeith

Killerkeith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:12 AM

I haven't and I will today and will check back. Thank you for all of the responses.

#7 Jesse Hammil

Jesse Hammil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

No problem. With both of my kwa ages,  there was a ton of oil in the bucking and barrel. After washing thoroughly it should be good.

#8 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:56 AM

Seems you are still shooting out some factory gear grease.  When this happens your first few shots lack accuracy and distance from no back spin caused by the oily/dirty contact patch.  When the first few shots somewhat cleans that oily surface the rest of the shots that follow usually shoots well.  
I recommend first inspecting the bucking for damage then clean the bucking following the guides on this section of the forum in the pinned threads.

#9 Rain Man

Rain Man

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously). Gaming. Baseball. Fantasy Football. Skiing

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:25 AM

Like the others here have said, I would clean the barrel and bucking if i were you. Warn soapy water for a few hours should do for the bucking. As for the barrel, just use a damp, smooth cloth on your cleaning rod. After you use that, run through it again with a dry one. If there is damage on the bucking, just get a new 2GX and you will be good to go. Good luck!

#10 Killerkeith

Killerkeith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

I cleaned the bucking by soaking in soap and water for hours and I cleaned the barrel. They both had some grease on them. I installed everything back. Unfortunately if my guns sits for several hours and I start shooting again the first 4 to 5 bbs still do a nose dive at 30 yards. Once ive shot 5 or more shots they shooting accurately again. It doesn't seem to matter which magazine I use. Could it be anything else?

#11 Jesse Hammil

Jesse Hammil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

Is it cold when you're shooting?

#12 Killerkeith

Killerkeith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

It's cold here however I have stored my gun in my home and I stand inside and shoot out my back door. My gun shouldn't be cold but the air temp out has been.

#13 Jesse Hammil

Jesse Hammil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

In my experience the 2g bucking doesn't work well in cold weather. I keep my guns in the garage and find my commando performs poorly when it's cold. If your bucking isn't cold,  then nevermind.

#14 Jesse Hammil

Jesse Hammil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

For what it's worth,  it takes about 2k rounds to break in.  Sometimes it could take more.  You may have grease getting back in bucking still.  I'd say put another thousand rounds through it and throughly clean everything again.  Make sure all the oil is out of the hop up,  bucking and barrel

#15 BLATEY

BLATEY

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Keepin' it Real.

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

View PostKillerkeith, on 15 February 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

This happened to me about the first 10k rounds put through my gun. After that it was fine

#16 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,884 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostKillerkeith, on 20 February 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

I cleaned the bucking by soaking in soap and water for hours and I cleaned the barrel. They both had some grease on them. I installed everything back. Unfortunately if my guns sits for several hours and I start shooting again the first 4 to 5 bbs still do a nose dive at 30 yards. Once ive shot 5 or more shots they shooting accurately again. It doesn't seem to matter which magazine I use. Could it be anything else?

If cleaning doesn't help you can try a harder nub.  As long as the bucking is not damaged that should resolve your issue. You can cut a 16 gauge silicone wiring case to length to use as a new nub or slip a tightly rolled paper in the center of the existing nub. Then cut to length.  These are some of the simple things you can try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users