#1 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I ordered a new hop-up for my KWA MP7 since my original one had swollen and was causing feeding issues. However, after installing the new hop-up, I find that, though my feeding issue is fixed, the hop-up is imparting an angled spin on the bb, causing it to curve left.

The hop-up I ordered is this one -> http://www.evike.com/products/44335/ (the Angel Custom V-type Hopup Bucking for KSC SMGs)

As far as I can tell, I believe that I installed the hopup correctly, but I'm unsure if this hop up is actually designed to work with the MP7. As far as installation goes, how precisely does the hopup and barrel need to be aligned? The barrel is as straight as I could get it (though, I find that there is a little play in it, even despite the flat part made to help align it), as is the hop-up. When I look down into the "plunger" hole, I see the indention on the hop-up nub directly in the center.

However, the Angel Custom Bucking seems to be different from the stock hopup rubber in a number of ways:

1) It's slightly longer on one side.
2) the little flat cutout on the outside (which goes to the rear I presume?) is on the top, rather than the bottom (where it is on the stock KWA bucking)
3) It comes with a small ball bearing, without which it didn't work properly at all. As far as I can tell, the KWA bucking does not use a ball bearing, correct?

A fourth concern, which might be attributed to the problem, is that when I recieved my bucking, it was packaged in a tiny ziplock back which squeezed it into a slightly oval shape on one side. I'd imagine that stretching it around the barrel as it is on installation should make this a non-issue, but I thought it would be worth mentioning.

So, given all of that information, is there anything that I'm doing wrong, or is the hop-up bucking merely unsuited for the gun? I'd like to replace the KWA bucking so as to alleviate any future swelling issues.

I've ordered an A+ Reaps bucking made specifically for the KWA MP7, so I will try that when it comes in. However, I'd still like confirmation on how to install it (ie, which side goes forward / to the rear, whether I need a ball bearing or not, and how I can know that my barrel is correctly aligned). I've watched the pinned video this, but it doesn't address any of these questions.

I'm also curious to hear from anyone who has tried the bucking I have now, and if it worked for them or not.

Thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users