3 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel Winther Nielsen

Daniel Winther Nielsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

Hey guys!

Would just like to know if sight from a real 1911 would fit on the mark IV slide?

I see that KWA has metal outer barrel and precission inner barrel in on their proshop, anyone know if they are worth the money, especially the inner barrel?

Lastly are there any upgraded hopup buckings available? would a KWA/KSC glock bucking fit?

#2 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

Real sights will not work on any of the MK series. I think the metal outer barrel is worth it. I don't know about the rest.

#3 Daniel Winther Nielsen

Daniel Winther Nielsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Ok, too bad. Any aftermarket airsoft sights that fit?

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:47 AM

I don't personally see any advantage in the steel outer barrel or precision inner.  The pistol is a backup and only effective at short ranges.  In airsoft games any hit is a hit even on portions of the body that would not cause a disabling wound.

The rear sights on the KWA Mark-series M1911s seem to mimic Kimber (yuck) or Novak sights and there are three (3) different part numbers if I recall correctly.  Not sure if they fit all slides but that's about as much choice as there seems to be.

A good set of Novak tritium night sights for the real M1911 costs nearly as much as the pistol itself.  There's "glow in the dark" paint available if that's your goal.

-- Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users