#1 Insertclevername

Insertclevername

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Video Games

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

Hello!

My current issue involves a KG36C 2GX that I purchased a few years back. The airsoft gun is currently disassembled and has been that way for quite some time. What I want to do is send it in to the KWA repair shop (for a fee of course) and to have them send it back reassembled like brand new. No aftermaket parts were added to this gun. However, when I sent an email to the help desk explaining my situation, I was told that I need to provide the "correct" serial number, as the one I provided was not in the correct format. After doing some research on the web, I realized that I had sent a number that wasn't the serial number (it was 85-168888). However, after following the instructions in the response to find the correct number, I was unable to find it. Keep in mind that I have a KG36C from 2011, prior to the aquisition of the authentic Hecklor & Koch trades which is on current model, the H&K G36C by KWA. What I'm asking from you is where is the serial number of this rifle? I've explained that I have an older model to the help desk but they just responded telling me to yet again look for the serial number under the trade marks which aren't present on my gun.

If it's necessary, I can provide pictures of the exterior of the rifle and the gear box.

Thank You for your time!

~Insertclevername

Edited by Insertclevername, 10 February 2014 - 04:32 PM.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

85- is the serial prefix for the real HK 36GC.  I suspect this is NOT a KWA gun.  Manufactured by them probably, but sold by Umarex or Elite Force, etc.  Don't know if they're allowed to work on it.  Probably why they need the "correct" serial number.

-- Chuck

#3 Insertclevername

Insertclevername

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

The box that I bought it in is the normal gray and black scheme with the KWA logo clearly present. The gearbox as well as the box on the reciever which contained the realistic serial number both have the KWA logo. I'm almost entirely sure the gun I purchased in 2011 was in fact a KWA product. There are no markings by either Umarex or Elite Force; and the gun contains no authentic H&K trades as it was prior to the licensing aquisition via Umarex.

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

Was the gun purchased thru retail channels in the USA?  What's the owner's manual look like?  What's the box look like?  Or did you toss them both?

-- Chuck

#5 Insertclevername

Insertclevername

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

The gun was purchased through a retail store called "Hot Spot Airsoft". They used to have a store in Stamford, Connecticut but that one eventually closed down. The original store in Oceanside, NY still exists.

The box is the typical gray box that KWA products come in.

https://www.dropbox....11 21.43.16.jpg

I cannot find the manual, unfortunately.

Edited by Insertclevername, 11 February 2014 - 06:47 PM.

#6 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:13 AM

That's a KWA box for sure.  Is there a KWA-USA sticker on one end?  Unlike real firearms I don't see the serial number on the box airsofts come in.

I keep hoping someone with the same gun will add a comment.  I'm out of ideas.

-- Chuck

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

Please post a picture of the KWA logo on the gun along with the area around it.  It may be pre-serial number, or from an overseas market perhaps?  Regardless, a picture of the left side of the receiver will get this started.

#8 Insertclevername

Insertclevername

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

https://www.dropbox....13 10.48.19.jpg

Here is the left side of the reciever.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

You have a pre-serial number gun.  I sent you a PM.

#10 Insertclevername

Insertclevername

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

Thank you both for your assistence! :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KG36C, Serial Number, Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users