• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hellcat

hellcat

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Football, Nascar, Guns, cars/trucks, and of women in yoga pants!!

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

Purchased gun April 2013, all stock except for mosfet install. Went to Saturday night game and about 20 minutes into game the sound of failure. Took gear box apart tonight and found the following broken gears : Bevel and spur gear.
Everything else is still good in the gear box.

Attached Files

Edited by hellcat, 04 February 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#2 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

That sucs, what kind of battery were you using? Did you open the gearbox to install the FET, or did you install it as a plug an play.

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:07 AM

When was the MOSFET installed?

-- Chuck

#4 hellcat

hellcat

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Football, Nascar, Guns, cars/trucks, and of women in yoga pants!!

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

Gear box was opened to install mosfet.  Installed July 2013, Niko-gpsy build guide.  http://www.hobbypart...hort-asoft.html ...with Deans connectors

#5 iWar

iWar

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Racing at the track, Music, Airsoft, playing sports, and anything that is fun...

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

Ouch!!! Sometimes things just brake... When you have high speed with metal on metal... It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when... But it does suck when it happens to you...

#6 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

OK, sounded like it broke 20 minutes after you last cracked the gearbox.  Thousands of rounds I expect before and after.  Could be just wear and tear unless you misassembled the box at some time.  Stuff breaks or wears out.

-- Chuck

#7 hellcat

hellcat

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

Gun gets plenty of use. I have plenty of experience with KWA gear boxes. I know that things break and wear out. I fix forklifts for a living so know about wearing out.  I was just putting it out there that 3g gears do fail....this is by far the worst gear failure I have experienced.  Everyone on your team owns a KWA rifle. (6 guys)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users