is your mp7 trigger not "clicking" when dry firing? This is probably the reason.

mp7 trigger mp7 clicking

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fubar5812

Fubar5812

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Dog Training, Airsoft, video games.

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

So yesterday after installing my A+ 330mm inner barrel (which btw if your reading this, does NOT fit through the end of the outer barrel as it tapers to being too small and will require some dremel work and also does NOT fit through the default flash hider either) i went to chrono my mp7 and after about 5 shots it stopped firing. Odd i thought. I racked it back, pulled the trigger..nothing. no click. I switched mags, no dice. I switched bolts, no dice.  I had dissassembled this thing 5 times in the last 48 hours so figured i'd messed up something up, assuming i trigger i went back into the gun. It wasn't the trigger.

Turns out, after much trial and error on my part...that there is a little nub on the side of your bolt. This nub's whole purpose in life is to make contact with a small copper nub on the inside of the gun. When this bolt nub high fives the copper nub, the copper nub releases its death grip on your hammer thus allowing your trigger to release your hammer and fire off a 6mm ball of pain at your foes. Come to find out, not only on my cqb bolt but also on my field bolt..the bolt nub is so worn down from use it can no longer extend its little nub hand to slap a big ol' high five with copper nub. This really sucks. Now i have to order a new bolt. KWA this may be something to look into as these could probably use reinforcing...

So if your trigger is not "clicking" after you charge the weapon and pull the trigger...go ahead and check Mr bolt nub and copper nub and see if those two have had enough of each other.

Mr copper nub (the copper colored one at the top)

Posted Image

Mr Bolt nub (the small black nub that has silver in it)

Posted Image

#2 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

Oh boy. No replacement parts in the shop?

How much use has your gun seen? Has anyone else experienced this?

If this really is just wear, then it's only a matter of time before it happens to pretty much every KWA MP7A1, so I sure hope we can get replacement parts in the future without having to buy an entirely new bolt assembly.

It is kind of strange that this problem would show up on both of your bolts at the same time, just after reassembling it, though.

#3 Fubar5812

Fubar5812

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Dog Training, Airsoft, video games.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

well the field bolt has looked like that for some time, the cqb bolt only recently did it, i played with it this saturday and it was fine.

Edited by Fubar5812, 04 February 2014 - 02:35 PM.

#4 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

Ah, that's good. Maybe there's something you could do to modify the field bolt? It'd be kind of a primitive fix, but it seems like you could glue a thin piece of plastic or something on the worn nub to raise its contact surface. It might be difficult to find glue that would stand up to the necessary stress (especially given the difficulty of gluing a metal surface), but it seems like it wouldn't hurt to try since your only other option seems to be replacing the bolt anyway.

Edited by Hibiki, 04 February 2014 - 04:05 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mp7 trigger, mp7, clicking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users