Over sensitive hop-up; possible solutions?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Hibiki

Hibiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

As long as I have owned my MP7, its one fatal flaw has been hop-up adjustment. With one click, I have either too little hop-up, or too much hop-up, and if I leave it between clicks, it will work itself one way or another. I've had to resort to keeping an assortment of BB's of various weights just to find a sweet spot for the hop-up.

This is a huge issue for me, as being a gas gun, sometimes it is performing such that I simply can't find that sweet spot. Are there any mods or after market parts that could make the hop up intervals less drastic? I'm fairly mechanically inclined, so I'm okay with experimenting. I should also mention that I don't care about voiding my warranty, as it's long since expired, and I'm confident that I can replace and fix any parts I might need to.

I'll be installing a new hop-up and inner barrel soon anyway, but I suspect that won't help the problem any.

Edit: On a somewhat related note, the replacement bucking I ordered (Angel Custom "Advanced V-Hop Bucking for KSC SMG") includes a small ball bearing. I do not see this part on the Parts Diagram for the KWA MP7A1, nor do I notice it in the pinned video tutorial on changing the hop-up bucking. I assume that this is utilized in hop up systems on other guns, and can be disregarded in the case of the MP7?

Edited by Hibiki, 03 February 2014 - 10:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users