• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 teknobel

teknobel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

I received a 1911 Mk III PTP in December.  The chamber broke this weekend.  Are there other parts that are prone to common breakage?  What about parts that just wear out quickly?

On my "real steel" 1911 I have a set of spare parts so that I can avoid downtime for common parts failures.  What parts should be included in a spare parts kit for the 1911 PTP?

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:48 AM

I've not had any parts breakage on my Mark I but the little impact pin (#60) fell out of mine during some maintenance and only working on a white mat let me find it.  I have no clue why I was messing around in that area though.  This pistol is not designed for complete disassembly like the real thing -- has a zillion more parts for one thing!

The only spare parts I feel necessary to keep on hand for my .45ACP versions are a couple of extractors (Ed Brown Hardcore), recoil springs and mainsprings.  Only for convenience as Brownells can have any part to me in three or four days and I have complete "spare" pistols.

-- Chuck

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

View Postteknobel, on 28 January 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

I received a 1911 Mk III PTP in December.  The chamber broke this weekend.  Are there other parts that are prone to common breakage?  What about parts that just wear out quickly?

On my "real steel" 1911 I have a set of spare parts so that I can avoid downtime for common parts failures.  What parts should be included in a spare parts kit for the 1911 PTP?
I like to keep a bucking on hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users