186 replies to this topic

#61 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:02 AM

Nice, happy to see improvements over the standard model.

#62 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:10 AM

Jeffsworkshop, on 08 March 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

Real Steel Sling plates will no longer require modification to fit on the Mega Arms MKM, a welcome improvement from the LM4.
Yup. My fortis end plate fit with no modification or fitment issues. Drop in. I was surprised, and glad it fit. Now..will someone from PTS clear this up..about the damn receiver. Cause it clearly is not billet, nor hardcoat anodized. And I probably would have never bought it for that price if I would have known that it wasnt.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

#63 Salah Ad-Din

Salah Ad-Din

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Skydiver, Aerobatic pilot and... well... Airsoft enthusiast.

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

@Jeffsworkshop How are the KWA PMAGs working for you?
Mine fit a bit loose and tend to misfire. Many times the bolt get's caught back as if the mag were out of bb's.
Have you done any mods to yours?

#64 Jeffsworkshop

Jeffsworkshop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

Salah Ad-Din, on 09 March 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

@Jeffsworkshop How are the KWA PMAGs working for you?
Mine fit a bit loose and tend to misfire. Many times the bolt get's caught back as if the mag were out of bb's.
Have you done any mods to yours?

I installed the Guarder steel firing pin in my MKM, where it is slightly longer then the stock firing pin, and filed it to the perfect length for striking the PMAG gas valve. Also on the issue of loose fitment, I lined the inside of the magwell with a layer insulation tape, so that the PMAG was a perfect fit, without it being tight. It has the advantage of not having the magazine drop to the ground when you accidentally hit the mag release...

I use solely PMAGs, and no problem at all so far.

#65 Salah Ad-Din

Salah Ad-Din

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Skydiver, Aerobatic pilot and... well... Airsoft enthusiast.

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:38 AM

Great, thanks...
I'll try that route!

#66 Quincy Williams

Quincy Williams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:35 AM

Hi guys I'm new to the forums but I know everyone is really helpful. I recently picked up the MKM and am experiencing low fps. 290-300 with .20. I was indoors during the chrono at work. I ordered the RA Tech 6.01 363mm and maple leaf evo 2 Diamond hop up bucking. Will this fix my fps problem? And should I order the barrel nut wrench from MEGA ARMS to get the nut off? Thanks guys for the help

#67 MikeDasani

MikeDasani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

Funny, I have the same problem with the lm4 ptr i just got last month. its advertised as shooting 380 to 400 yet im getting around 300 to 330. anyone have an idea of what could cause this.

#68 terumi56

terumi56

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

Sounds like you need to check your o-ring seal on your BCG.  Not recommended for a beginer tho since it does involve removing the c-clip and checking that seal. Similar to the jet nozzle mod but you don't have to go that far just remove the c-clip what you're looking for is wear to the o-ring. see this post http://www.kwausa.co...showtopic=10418

#69 pvtspanker

pvtspanker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

Terumi is correct, the hop up replacement and TBB would only affect the range not entirely the FPS but maybe a few points here and there. Where did purchase the hop up replacement?

#70 Jeffsworkshop

Jeffsworkshop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

MKM forend
Posted Image

#71 quincywilliams33

quincywilliams33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Hey guys, need some help. I have taken off my barrel nut for my MKM, however the outer barrel will not come out.
Am i stupid, or can someone explain to me how i could replace my inner barrel and hop up bucking

#72 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

quincywilliams33, on 19 March 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

Hey guys, need some help. I have taken off my barrel nut for my MKM, however the outer barrel will not come out.
Am i stupid, or can someone explain to me how i could replace my inner barrel and hop up bucking
loosen the two small screws located at the 12 and 6 o'clock positions near the hop up unit with an allen wrench, then remove the hop up unit and inner barrel assembly.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

#73 Quincy Williams

Quincy Williams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:57 AM

Are the screws on the outer barrel? Because the outer barrel is still stuck in my gun. I cannot get it to come out w

#74 Quincy Williams

Quincy Williams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:07 AM

I have the barrel nut off, I was just under the impression that the outer barrel would slide out. I don't know how to actually remove the outer barrel so I can take a look at those screws

#75 netpoc

netpoc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:59 AM

Pictures would help...

#76 Jeffsworkshop

Jeffsworkshop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:41 AM

Use a rubber mallet and tap on the left and right side of the outer barrel so it wiggles out of the upper receiver. I think the outer barrel is just a little tight and some firm taps would knock it loose.

#77 Jeffsworkshop

Jeffsworkshop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

Posted Image

The receiver has returned from the anodising and engraving factories. As brought up previously, the anodising process requires that the receiver parts be sand blasted to remove the original paint, and in doing so, would affect the upper/lower tolerances, making the assembled rifle feel "loose", even causing a slight lost in muzzle velocity, as the seal between the magazine gas lip and the jet nozzle would not be as tight.

The problem is solved by re-drilling the takedown/pivot pin holes.

The factory stock pivot/takedown pins have a diameter of 6 mm, a convenient size that serves two purposes; ease of manufacture, the metric system of units being the prominent standard in the country of manufacture, and incompatibility with real steel parts, which would please the ATF and other such agencies around the world.

The real steel pins are 1/4 inch in diameter, that's 6.35mm. The larger size of the hole required means that we can make up the loose tolerances by clamping the upper and the lower together in a drill press and the pin holes re-drilled.

The result is a factory perfect fit between the upper and the lower receiver, better gas seal, solid assembled feel of the rifle, and the aesthetics of real steel takedown/pivot pins.

Edited by Jeffsworkshop, 21 March 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#78 quincywilliams33

quincywilliams33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:31 AM

Thank you Jeffsworkshop! i will definitely try that. The picture is what my gun looks like nowAttached File  MEGA ARMS MKM.jpg   125.27K   40 downloads

#79 quincywilliams33

quincywilliams33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

Attached File  1598736_636374236436046_360930852_o.jpg   99.55K   49 downloadsThis is my current Mega Arms MKM LM4. Externally i have added a moe k2, ctr, and a madbull SWR HEMS mock suppressor. I plan on adding the ra tech 6.01, maple leaf diamond bucking. I have also switched the oring in my bolt carrier to a harbor freight.

#80 Jeffsworkshop

Jeffsworkshop

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

Any luck getting the barrel off?

Edited by Jeffsworkshop, 21 March 2014 - 05:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users