5 replies to this topic

#1 BfStuNoodle

BfStuNoodle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

Hi Forum

I have a M9 PTP Tactical. I've been searching for a hard shell holster for leg, but all the ones I could find were for the standard m9 version, not the one with the tactical rails on it. Any recommendation of specific brand or model I should look for?

Appreciate the help!

#2 Fruitski

Fruitski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

Hi there, maybe you saw my last post, I have been as confused as you are.

I started out with a Chinese replica Serpa for a Beretta, out of the box this does not fit the rail. It is very easy to dremel out a slot along the rail to make it fit, works perfectly, just didn't like the Serpa that much.

I just purchased a Safariland 6004-73-551 holster, which works perfectly with the M9 tactical with rail. The -73- is the gun type code, so any Safariland with this number should fit in my understanding. Hope this helps.

#3 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:07 AM

I know G-code makes holsters for the M9A1 that will work. http://www.tacticalh...m5/merchant.mvc

Edited by Desert Punk, 31 January 2014 - 01:07 AM.

#4 SankeP

SankeP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:23 AM

I have been trying to figure this out for a couple of weeks now and the remark from Fruitski that we should look for the -73- type of Safariland almost nailed it. I looked at the gun fit chart of the Safariland duty holsters (link below) and indeed saw that the -73- type should fit most Beretta M9/M9A1/92/96 models.

http://www.safarilan...uty-Pistols.pdf
(for reference: non-duty charts are also available at http://www.safarilan...fit-charts.html)

So I picked out a holster: 6390-73-411 and rechecked the gun fit chart just to be sure. I noticed that for some reason, the 6390-73-411 fits the 92FS M9A1, but appearently not the 92Vertec M9A1. For some holsters the -73- type fits both, for others it fits just the 92Vertec M9A1 or just the 92FS M9A1.

The essential question for me buying this holster is whether the KWA M9 PTP Tactical is a 92FS M9A1 (fits) or 92Vertec M9A1 (wont fit) replica. Does anybody here know the answer to this question?

#5 SankeP

SankeP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:07 AM

I ended up buying a Safariland 6360-73-61 holster, which is more expensive, but fits more models according to their gun fit chart. I can confirm that this holster fits the KWA M9 PTP Tactical. Still not sure about the 6390 model, but that is no longer an issue for me.

I hope this post is useful for someone in the future.

#6 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,045 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:47 PM

Thanks for the update.  I am sure many on this forum will find this information useful.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users