Jump to content


KWA G36C or KWA SR5?

kwa g36c kwa sr5

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 iwamofo

iwamofo

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York
  • Country:

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

Okay so I am getting a gun for CQB and can't decide between the sr5 or g36c.  I like how the sr5 is compact.  I like how the g36 has more range and the foldable stock.  Can anyone with experience with these guns in CQB give some input?  

Side note: Yes I know the sr5 is discontinued but its available on ehobby.  And I do know the g36c comes shooting around 390 but I would change out the spring.

Edited by iwamofo, 28 January 2014 - 01:20 PM.


#2 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

Both are great guns and if properly set up the G36C would be a great gun for CQB.  That said, I have 2 SR5's.  From the moment I put them in my hands they became my go-to CQB gun.  My son now has one of them and I use the other.

I like the fact the the SR5 has more external modification options than the G36C and mags are far easier to come by for the SR5 because it will use various M4 brands.

Ordering from overseas give you no US warranty.  That said, if you buy the KWA made Umarex version of the G36C (assuming you can find one) you would receive a 1 year warranty, it will however cost you closer to $300.00 +/-.

Hope this helps.

#3 iwamofo

iwamofo

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York
  • Country:

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

View Postgcw360, on 26 January 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:

Both are great guns and if properly set up the G36C would be a great gun for CQB.  That said, I have 2 SR5's.  From the moment I put them in my hands they became my go-to CQB gun.  My son now has one of them and I use the other.

I like the fact the the SR5 has more external modification options than the G36C and mags are far easier to come by for the SR5 because it will use various M4 brands.

Ordering from overseas give you no US warranty.  That said, if you buy the KWA made Umarex version of the G36C (assuming you can find one) you would receive a 1 year warranty, it will however cost you closer to $300.00 +/-.

Hope this helps.
What kind of range are you getting on the sr5? I like guns that can reach out although I know this is only cqb.  It's just a nice feeling to get hits from 250ft with my rhopped sr10.  I'll probably get an rhop for the sr5 and a 363mm barrel for field play.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

View Postiwamofo, on 26 January 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

What kind of range are you getting on the sr5? I like guns that can reach out although I know this is only cqb.  It's just a nice feeling to get hits from 250ft with my rhopped sr10.  I'll probably get an rhop for the sr5 and a 363mm barrel for field play.
Like I said, I use mine for CQB.  I have only tested it out to 150ft but I can easily hit a human target at that range at 350 FPS.

#5 iWar

iWar

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NH
  • Interests:Racing at the track, Music, Airsoft, playing sports, and anything that is fun...
  • Country:

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

I don't have an SR5 but I do have a KWA H&K G36C as my back up to my SR10 and I love it... I have it set up for field use not cqb... Its cool cause its not an M4 platform, but the down side is you don't get all the M4 options... Ultimately its your decision and preference... Be prepared to spend a little more on mags for the G36C... I Actually just finished painting my G36C and will be posting pics of it soon in the G36C section of the forum...

Edited by iWar, 26 January 2014 - 05:34 PM.


#6 iwamofo

iwamofo

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York
  • Country:

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

View PostiWar, on 26 January 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

I don't have an SR5 but I do have a KWA H&K G36C as my back up to my SR10 and I love it... I have it set up for field use not cqb... Its cool cause its not an M4 platform, but the down side is you don't get all the M4 options... Ultimately its your decision and preference... Be prepared to spend a little more on mags for the G36C... I Actually just finished painting my G36C and will be posting pics of it soon in the G36C section of the forum...
I really don't like working with g36s though, mostly because I am unfamiliar with it.  I worked on my friends kwa g36 and putting the trigger back into the gearbox was the most frustrating thing ever!  Also, I am more familiar with the m4 platform but I really don't want another one but ultimately will probably go with the sr5 based on my familiarity.

#7 iWar

iWar

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NH
  • Interests:Racing at the track, Music, Airsoft, playing sports, and anything that is fun...
  • Country:

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:04 AM

It certainly can be frustrating putting the gearbox back in the lower receiver at first... I've done it for 2 years now so I can do it pretty quick... They are both great guns, you can't go wrong either way... You'll love them both... Enjoy :jump:

#8 Jesse Hammil

Jesse Hammil

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

I have a ris and am planning on picking up a commando soon. I chose to stay with the m4 platform just so I dont have to buy a new set of mags ;)

Edited by Jesse Hammil, 27 January 2014 - 08:26 PM.


#9 Rain Man

Rain Man

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously). Gaming. Baseball. Fantasy Football. Skiing
  • Country:

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:46 AM

I would personally go with the G36. Not only will you have a great gun for field and cqb, but also you wont be carrying an AR variant. I myself like them, but i agree there are just TOO MANY out there.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwa g36c, kwa sr5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users