#1 Jrad

Jrad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Sports, same 'ol stuff

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

Been using my SR7 mostly stock, except for a Madbull M120 I put in it. I play in a field environment, and it seems to be holding up just fine.

Whether it's my constant need to tinker with stuff or to see what difference it could make on the field. I want to try the whole Flat Hop thing, and have a couple of questions ran by you guys.

I understand what I need to do with the bucking, but this one should be good to go? (Or is there another you'd recommend?)
http://www.airsoftgi...oducts_id=12399

This Nub? And it just drops right in?
http://www.airsoftgi...oducts_id=16122

And would a Madbull barrel benefit me much more than the stock?

Also does the flat hop mod wear the bucking down? Would it be wise to purchase multiple buckings?

Thank you everyone for all your help!

#2 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

Search (talk long range) in forums box at top of page, some good info in there done by Vanevery including madbull barrel. Your pics look good if you can get that bucking in there. Have a lot of buckings in my bag. All very hard or impossible to get in the tight KWA hopup unit . Did manage to get a lonex 50 in there,  with supplied nub a hour ago. Installed bucking on to barrel and put in freezer for a bit  to help with installation into unit (may help) .  Let us know how the Lonex 70 and that nub fits, and shoots.  Flat hopping does wear the bucking, you can rotate it once in a while. Have not used that nub before, may or may not have to be cut. Lots of vids on that. Looking foward to hearing your results, and BB weight you used.

Edited by Larry, 19 January 2014 - 07:41 PM.

#3 Jesse Hammil

Jesse Hammil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

From what I have researched,  people like to flat hop with the lonex 70d or the g&g green bucking.   That maple Leaf nub is not what you want I don't think, it's concave.  You want a flat one.  

On a side note,  I'm using a maple leaf bucking in my ris,  but that nub didn't fit in my barrel window.  And since it's not flat,  I couldn't trim it to fit and make sure it was centered.  Not saying it's impossible,  just my skill in doing that isn't high enough.

Edited by Jesse Hammil, 19 January 2014 - 08:28 PM.

#4 Jrad

Jrad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:58 AM

Jesse I'm going to shoot you a PM, and Larry thanks for the topic about long range.

Would a 363mm barrel be too long for the SR7's compression?

Edited by Jrad, 23 January 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

View PostJrad, on 22 January 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

Jesse I'm going to shoot you a PM, and Larry thanks for the topic about long range.

Would a 363mm barrel be too long for the SR7's compression?

That depends on the FPS you want and which cylinder version you currently have.  If you can identify those to variables we can give a better answer.

#6 Jrad

Jrad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

It's a 2gx that I ordered back in October of 2011. Is that if any help?

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostJrad, on 25 January 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

It's a 2gx that I ordered back in October of 2011. Is that if any help?
It probably has a type 1 cylinder.  If that's the case then I know a 395mm will yield in the 375-380 FPS range.  I assume a 363mm will be closer to 370 FPS

#8 Jrad

Jrad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users