BNIB USP tactical Slide catch, not catching.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Specter

Specter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

Okay, so here is the situation. I Have a brand new USP tactical, and i'm rly liking it. But, i only have one gripe. When the magazine is empty, the slide does not lock back. Being in canada, and having bought this gun second hand (off a buddy who i was with when he bought it) The warranty isn't an option :/ The gun seems to cycle fine, and when i pull the slide back manually, the catch catches, but when it's firing, even on the first shot on a full gas charge with no bb's. I've lubed the slide rails, and contact zones, but nothing works. any one have any ideas?

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:35 AM

Without another magazine to isolate the issue to either the magazine or pistol this is really a lot of guesses.  In addition the USP slide lock is very long and many guys will interfere with it in their firing grip.

Since the slide lock is working when you manually retract the slide probable causes are all related to the slide not retracting far enough when fired and timing.  Excessive or heavy weight "lube" on the rails is a cause and can induce stoppages in cartridge guns as well.  Only the lightest of lubricants is necessary -- never grease.

If the magazine follower isn't moving smoothly it won't trip the slide lock in the partial second during recoil.  Same with the movement of the slide lock itself, be sure it's free to move.

-- Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users