• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 squirt

squirt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hi all, New ATP owner who purchased this pistol as a training tool when I am unable to practice with my Glock 17. I have a positive impression of the ATP but wish to upgrade the the sights, especially the front sight with one that is more "eye catching"

The rear sight dovetail size is very close to that on a Glock so I'm going to borrow a sight tool and press in an OEM Glock sight.

The front sight is a different story. Has anyone purchased an aftermarket fiber optic that fits in the front dovetail?

Thanks in advance!

#2 squirt

squirt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

I have searched this and other forums, aftermarket  suppliers and others  but have not found any replacement ATP fiber optic sights.

In  my  collection of spare OEM Glock  parts was a G-17 rear  sight  that fits nicely in the ATP dovetail, so I installed that.  The front ATP sight was painted with "signal yellow", making it much more brilliant.   I  like this combination for quick target aquisition.

I also have a half dozen or so G-17 holsters with an old Uncle Mike's best  fitting the ATP's contures, so I use  that for indoor practice.

I'm sure there are others  who use this firearm as a training device that it is well suited for to perform  that task.  I'm a die-hard IDPA competitor who enjoys the sport.

www.idpa.com

Edited by squirt, 19 January 2014 - 07:56 AM.

#3 Uilim

Uilim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:17 AM

Yep, I also found that there ar no sights. So last night I started by digging though my 1911 parts box. So 10-8 sights are on the bench. I got the front sight installed by use of file n sight tool. Tonight I will start the rear sight. I will post pics tonight.

#4 GWS

GWS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

Uilim, any updates?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users