• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Smithzzz3

Smithzzz3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

I bought a KMP9R used, and it works flawlessly except that it only sends a BB every other cycle. Sometimes in the beginning of the mag it will work, but the further through I go the worse it gets. I pull the trigger and it will shoot fine, but the next time I pull the trigger, it cycles like it is firing, but no BB comes out. On the next shot it will fire fine again, and only one BB comes out. This repeats until either gas runs out or the mag is empty. Sometimes it will even do this with two dry fires in between. This happens with all 3 of my mags. I have disassembled, cleaned, and re-lubed the gun and also cleaned the magazines. I use propane with an appropriate amount of silicone added. Please help, I can't find a solution anywhere. Thanks in advance

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostSmithzzz3, on 11 January 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

I bought a KMP9R used, and it works flawlessly except that it only sends a BB every other cycle. Sometimes in the beginning of the mag it will work, but the further through I go the worse it gets. I pull the trigger and it will shoot fine, but the next time I pull the trigger, it cycles like it is firing, but no BB comes out. On the next shot it will fire fine again, and only one BB comes out. This repeats until either gas runs out or the mag is empty. Sometimes it will even do this with two dry fires in between. This happens with all 3 of my mags. I have disassembled, cleaned, and re-lubed the gun and also cleaned the magazines. I use propane with an appropriate amount of silicone added. Please help, I can't find a solution anywhere. Thanks in advance
Hi Smithzzz3 - Welcome to the KWA Forums. Any chance you can post a picture of the loading nozzle.  It may be damaged or worn.

#3 Smithzzz3

Smithzzz3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

Good?[attachment=1363:image.jpg

Attached Files

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

See the protrusion at the top of the picture?  It pushes the BB into the chamber and it is worn.  Based on what you wrote and what I can see in the picture you need a new cylinder.   How much did you pay for the gun?

#5 Smithzzz3

Smithzzz3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

I payed $180 for the gun with three mags and a laser sight

#6 Smithzzz3

Smithzzz3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

So if I buy this guy and swap it out I should be good?Attached File  image.jpg   41.9K   7 downloads

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,511 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:28 AM

View PostSmithzzz3, on 11 January 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

So if I buy this guy and swap it out I should be good?Attachment image.jpg
Can't tell by the pic if it's the right one.  Assuming it is, then it is the fix based on your post.  I would check the seal color. That will determine the diameter of you cylinder. It should either be green or orange.  Some KWAs started with green and migrated to orange.  I believe orange is 14 mm and green is 15mm.  Your best to call KWA, tell them what you have, and order from them.  You can always swap seals but the 14mm cylinder is stronger because the walls are thicker.

Hope this helps.

#8 Smithzzz3

Smithzzz3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

Thanks for the help, I ordered the replacement cylinder off the kwa website. Cant wait to get it working, thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users