• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 E.L.I.T.E

E.L.I.T.E

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

This may sound like a stupid question, but as I was looking for aftermarket lower receivers for the LM4 I realized there really are none, and so I started looking at real steel lower receivers and the possibility of using one with the LM4. Though I know next to nothing about AR-15s, I was looking on the internet and the two rifles, both real and airsoft, seem to have very similar parts housed in the lower receiver. So do you think it would be possible to incorporate a real steel lower receiver on an LM4 with little to no modifications or not?

#2 Jakeedaman21

Jakeedaman21

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

They don't fit. The ATF made damn sure of that. And I got bored and tried...

#3 akiraspeedstar

akiraspeedstar

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

Yeah the LM4 receiver is shorter than the actual AR15 lower and would not work.

I'd imagine even talking about how to make it work and what modifications would be a violation with this forum as well.

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

The area where the upper lugs meet the lower are narrower in the M4 (the sides are thicker and stronger) and the magazine well and catch only vaguely match. The trigger group is entirely different, etc.

Yep, you can buy a bare AR15 lower for about $70 many places but you're not going to get your LM4 upper to fit on it.

Likewise the M4 upper ain't gonna fit on the LM4 lower.

-- Chuck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: real steel lower receivers, lm4, modifications, parts, noveske gen 2 lower receiver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users