3 replies to this topic

#1 delisle45

delisle45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

Hi all,

I'm trying to install a Dangerwerx valve in my Vector bolt so I can use it for CQB here in the UK.

I've removed all the roll pins from the external body and have managed to pop out one of the nozzle stops (part #92) which came out very easily.  But I'm having a lot of trouble with the second stop.

It really is wedged in tight.  I have soaked it in silicone oil (I'll leave it over night tonight too), and have also tried to heat the stop up with a hair dryer till it was fairly warm then try pop it out from behind with a small flat blade screwdriver.  But to no avail.

Has one this tight ever been found before?  As I'm a bit stuck for what to do as I can't use the Vector as I'd for what I intended it for (CQB), and I can't see why it's wedged in so tight with it being so small (especially since the other came out so easily).

Thanks,

Paul.

#2 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

I use a small flathead screwdriver and wedge it between the stop and the cylinder. I then use a small hobby hammer (the one with a rubber/plastic end on one side) and tap the screwdriver farther into the space until the stop lifts out. I haven't had a cylinder break on me when I do this. Just please do not use something like a steel nail hammer. That would be a bit overkill.

#3 delisle45

delisle45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:24 AM

Brilliant!!  Worked first time.

Paul.

#4 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff