• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KWA21

KWA21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:10 AM

I recently purchase a fairly new KWA Mark III and I am having issues with the single stack mags. I think I have a newer 2013 model and the single stack mags are from the older generation 1911. Therefore, the mags are not functioning correctly. If I get new double stack feeder lips will this fix the feeding issues? Also one of the mags will get stuck in the magwell and I am having to force it out unlike the other mag. The mag that is getting stuck will also not lock back the slide. Any help will be awesome. Thanks guys!

Edited by KWA21, 31 December 2013 - 05:10 AM.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

It's possible you have a double stack pistol and a single stack magazine.  I recall someone else had this problem when a retailer pulled out the new magazines (probably to sell for more profit).

The single and double stack magazines are not interchangeable without more parts.   I think the slide stop needs to be changed for the "other" magazine to work.

-- Chuck

#3 KWA21

KWA21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

I agree as well, I think the store swapped them out. How could I tell if my pistol is a 2013 double stack model? Serial number? Thanks

#4 KWA21

KWA21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

If my pistol is the 2013 double stack model, I wonder if I could purchase the older mag release and slide catch that was on the single stack models ? Do you know if that is the only parts that were changed? I hate to waste two perfectly good single stack mags.

#5 teknobel

teknobel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

I received a Mk III in December. It came with a double stack mag. I also received a single stack mag in a separate gift. They were not from the same retailer. The double stack mag works well. The single stack mag will not lock the slide open when empty. I contacted KWA Customer Service and they advised to send in the mag (with an RMA) and they would exchange the feed lips. This seems the easiest way to correct the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users