• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 airforceloner1

airforceloner1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

I was wondering if i bought a Classic army sportline scar could i pull the internals (except for hopup) and replace it with a...
2gx bucking?
2gx gearbox (complete)
2gx motor?
and sr10 barrel extension to make a more unique rifle but with the reliability of a KWA?
I dont care if i have to remove the ambidextorus stuff id rather know my rifle is reliable.

Attached Files

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

View Postairforceloner1, on 30 December 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

I was wondering if i bought a Classic army sportline scar could i pull the internals (except for hopup) and replace it with a...
2gx bucking?
2gx gearbox (complete)
2gx motor?
and sr10 barrel extension to make a more unique rifle but with the reliability of a KWA?
I dont care if i have to remove the ambidextorus stuff id rather know my rifle is reliable.
The SCAR takes a modified V2 gearbox.  The 2GX gearbox will not fit in the receiver.  The KWA motor is fine and will work.  However there are plenty of aftermarket motors that will preform as well or better for less money.  The 2G bucking is intended for a KWA inner barrel or one cut to be compatible.  It would be trial and error to determine if it would work on a CA barrel in a CA hop-up.

#3 airforceloner1

airforceloner1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

View Postgcw360, on 31 December 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

The SCAR takes a modified V2 gearbox.  The 2GX gearbox will not fit in the receiver.  The KWA motor is fine and will work.  However there are plenty of aftermarket motors that will preform as well or better for less money.  The 2G bucking is intended for a KWA inner barrel or one cut to be compatible.  It would be trial and error to determine if it would work on a CA barrel in a CA hop-up.
Modified exactly how? I understand that it uses a longer nozzle and utilizes a different selector plate because of the ambidextorus fire selector. But is it that hard to really transfer those parts over onto a KWA 2gx shell?

Also what are your opinions on the G&P m120 motors? I plan on running a Systema m120 spring on the CA standard gearset.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

For the money I would just get a Lonex motor instead of the G&P.....................................................

#5 Wgusler

Wgusler

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:I had to go get mustard for my cat.

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

I bet I can make it fit :scared:

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

View PostWgusler, on 02 January 2014 - 10:02 PM, said:

I bet I can make it fit :scared:
I bet you can too.  There are "mod's" and then there is "artist reconstruction" and you sir are an artist, I've seen the KWA Nerf gun...insane!  Point of fact most anything "can" be done. My answer pertains, and is limited, to what I would consider reasonable without extensive changes.  That's not to say someone shouldn't give it a try.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m4, Hybrid, SCar, 2gx, sr10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users