• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 James1187

James1187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hello KWA forums community. I had recently purchased a 1911 Mkii PTP in tan for Christmas, and my first impressions where, "Wow this feels awesome!" But when I went to shoot it (keep in mind it is 30 something degree weather) it would shoot 1 normal power shot, then about 3-5 weak shots, and then about 1-2 dry fires before it would run out of gas. It was fully gassed up and yes I did consider the green gas can not being full (which it felt like.) I did try propane twice and noticed a minuscule increase in performance, but in the end I ended up getting the same 1 powerful shot, 3-5 weak shots, and 1-2 blank fires (Keep in mind the mag is fully gassed up. Please help, for I do not feel like sending in my brand new KWA 1911 after I had just got it for Christmas.

PS: I thought that it might have been that you have to press the BBs into the magazine with a generous amount of force since it is new, and that the cylinder may have been working extra hard to get the BBs out. Would that possibly be the problem?

Thanks to anyone that helps!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,590 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostJames1187, on 29 December 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

Hello KWA forums community. I had recently purchased a 1911 Mkii PTP in tan for Christmas, and my first impressions where, "Wow this feels awesome!" But when I went to shoot it (keep in mind it is 30 something degree weather) it would shoot 1 normal power shot, then about 3-5 weak shots, and then about 1-2 dry fires before it would run out of gas. It was fully gassed up and yes I did consider the green gas can not being full (which it felt like.) I did try propane twice and noticed a minuscule increase in performance, but in the end I ended up getting the same 1 powerful shot, 3-5 weak shots, and 1-2 blank fires (Keep in mind the mag is fully gassed up. Please help, for I do not feel like sending in my brand new KWA 1911 after I had just got it for Christmas.

PS: I thought that it might have been that you have to press the BBs into the magazine with a generous amount of force since it is new, and that the cylinder may have been working extra hard to get the BBs out. Would that possibly be the problem?

Thanks to anyone that helps!
Does the gun react the same way at room temp?

#3 James1187

James1187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

I can get maybe 1-3 more shots off, but I dry fired it. ( yes I know that's bad, but it was only for experimental purposes. )

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

You're charging the with the gas bottle inverted, right?  This puts liquid into the magazine, not gas.

How many seconds are you charging the magazine?  You can't overfill them so 30 seconds is my rule of thumb for my Mark I version.

Since these pistols are prone to damage if dry fired check magazine gas pressure when "empty" in case there's a mechanical problem with the pistol not the magazine.  Gas should vent violently if there's good pressure in there.

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 30 December 2013 - 03:28 AM.

#5 James1187

James1187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:29 AM

I have charged it fully, and the can is inverted. I think is a mechanical problem.

#6 James1187

James1187

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

Also now when I tried loading up again with the 1 magazine it did the normal and then shot 3 bbs like a shotgun at the end ( it has done this before. ) Also the same magazine started shooting out liquid green gas / propane when I tried gassing it up, I think it was because of a sliced o ring from a sharp fill nozzle. I might have to send it in for repair. Will they accept it since I filled it up with propane twice and the rest green gas? Because I heard they would.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1911, Mkii, PTP, Problems, Gas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users