• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 swuav smoov

swuav smoov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

I have owned my mod 2 for about 5 months now and it has continued to amaze me with its performance, although I have recently encountered a feeding issue. When loading a magazine into the mag-well everything is fine there is hardly any wobble what so ever. The problem is when i pull the trigger. The gun sounds as if it is dry firing and bbs roll right out the end of the barrel and drop at my feet. This continues for about 40-60 shots of each magazine then suddenly begins firing consistently and flawlessly. I have ran it on and 11.1 LiPo since i got it and it has amazing trigger response and a stunning rof. The LiPo as well as the k120 mid caps I use have never given me problems before in this gun(cqr mod 2) or in my custom A&K sbr so i doubt that they are causing the problem. After disassembly the gun, and inspecting primarily the hop-up unit and barrel, there is nothing visibly wrong (no cracking/ dis-alignment). I intend on replacing the hop-up bucking because thats what I believe could be causing the issue. Any input or ideas?? Help or advice would be great.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

Oil soaked bucking will act like this. Clean it add try again. Be sure to reassemble properly. (Look for instructions here.)

-- Chuck

#3 swuav smoov

swuav smoov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

I havent oiled the barrel since before this issue occurred but I will clean the barrel and hop-up again and make a note of this. Thank you.

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:02 AM

If the nub is not in the right place the bucking won't hold the BB in the proper place.

I've been told AEG gearbox grease works its way out the barrel for the first thousand (or more) rounds.  Soaked bucking seems fairly common.

As I read the AEG operators manuals (radical idea that it is!) I'm not seeing any lubrication required for them.  All the moving parts are in the gearbox.  My couple-year old KM4 manual says to clean the barrel with silicone lubricant but experts here note this is harmful and I don't use it.  But the bucking did get oil soaked.  My never-lubricatred RM4 bucking was very oily too.  I cleaned it when I put the 6.02mm barrel in it last month.  (Once I figured out how to separate the receivers.)

Those of us used to service weapons which rarely can be over-lubricated need to practice restraint with these guns!

When I had the KM4 bucking out for cleaning I tried the GGG (G&G?) bucking but found the KWA works best for me.  Order a spare the next time you order parts.  A lot easier to fit a new bucking than clean an old swollen one.

-- Chuck

#5 swuav smoov

swuav smoov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:02 AM

I have made sure the nub is correctly seated, but yes, I forgot about the gearbox grease! I will clean my hop-up asap and probably order a replacement bucking. FYI if you ever plan on replacing hop-up buckings, the Madbull brand Blue 60 degree buckings are very easy to install and work the best of all others I have tried in the past. Thank you again for your help! are there any other reason you know that could be causing this issue besides the hop-up/bucking?? Just so when I order parts I can have all possible options covered.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

View Postswuav smoov, on 27 December 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

I have owned my mod 2 for about 5 months now and it has continued to amaze me with its performance, although I have recently encountered a feeding issue. When loading a magazine into the mag-well everything is fine there is hardly any wobble what so ever. The problem is when i pull the trigger. The gun sounds as if it is dry firing and bbs roll right out the end of the barrel and drop at my feet. This continues for about 40-60 shots of each magazine then suddenly begins firing consistently and flawlessly. I have ran it on and 11.1 LiPo since i got it and it has amazing trigger response and a stunning rof. The LiPo as well as the k120 mid caps I use have never given me problems before in this gun(cqr mod 2) or in my custom A&K sbr so i doubt that they are causing the problem. After disassembly the gun, and inspecting primarily the hop-up unit and barrel, there is nothing visibly wrong (no cracking/ dis-alignment). I intend on replacing the hop-up bucking because thats what I believe could be causing the issue. Any input or ideas?? Help or advice would be great.
Hi Swuav Smoov - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  Sorry to her about you feeding issues.  Let's see we can get you back on track.  Sounds like you have ruled out the bucking being swollen.  Can you look down the barrel with the hop-up off and tell me if the bucking is fully engaged or not?  Turn the hop-up on then off while looking down the barrel.  Let's be sure it's moving freely.  My guess is that it's fine but let's start there.

Next, do you have a different mag that you can test?  Also, how many BB's are you putting into the mag?  Because the mag starts off miss feeding and then works after 40-60 rounds It sounds like a mag issue.  But, if multiple mags are doing the exact same thing then my mind turns to the feed ramp.

So we can isolate the problem, this is what I want to eliminate until we figure this out:
  • Damaged bucking or hop-up unit - Let's reconfirm and move to other potential issues
  • Are there any modifications to the gun?
  • Have you removed the gearbox from the lower receiver?
  • Have the front wires been moved?  There is a small clip that retains them near the nozzle, has that been removed or moved?
  • Magazine feed issues - Over loading can cause this. Are you using a new speed loader?  Also lubing the mag can cause jams - have you opened or lubed these mags?
  • Poor ammo - What BB's are you using?
  • Feed ramp damaged or misaligned - If it was removed to get to the gearbox then my guess is that it is not properly seated.  Also, the feed ramp may have plastic blocking it causing feed issues
What changed with the gun, ammo, or mags that coincided with the misfeeding?  Think these through and provide some answers and we will figure this out together!

#7 swuav smoov

swuav smoov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

The problem was in fact due to a swollen bucking. I have cleaned and replaced it and my gun is working flawlessly. Thank you both for all of your help. I will keep your advice as memory and definitely come to this forum in the future if I face any further problems. (:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users