• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 E.L.I.T.E

E.L.I.T.E

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

Lately I've been strongly considering purchasing the WE AK-74UN until the KWA AKG-74SU came into the picture. Though the KWA AK has not yet been released I'm still interested in your opinions on the differences, pros/cons between the KWA and WE variants. Other than the KWA AK-74 being 100 grams lighter, and 10 mm longer, I don't see any other obvious differences. Because I trust KWA more as a company I am now leaning toward their model but am looking for those with more experience or knowledge on the subject to share their insight.

Thanks

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,304 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostE.L.I.T.E, on 21 December 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

Lately I've been strongly considering purchasing the WE AK-74UN until the KWA AKG-74SU came into the picture. Though the KWA AK has not yet been released I'm still interested in your opinions on the differences, pros/cons between the KWA and WE variants. Other than the KWA AK-74 being 100 grams lighter, and 10 mm longer, I don't see any other obvious differences. Because I trust KWA more as a company I am now leaning toward their model but am looking for those with more experience or knowledge on the subject to share their insight.

Thanks
I have had the pleasure of firing the SU prototype.  The only reason I do not have the 74M is because I am waiting for the SU.  IMO, the SU is a far more realistic choice primarily due to the cylce rate and sound that is produced coupled with felt recoil.  I know that doesn't really answer you question vs. the WE but I have to tell you, I seriously doubt that you will be dissapointed if you run with the KWA AKG-74SU.

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:03 AM

My only experience with WE products indicates they're at best 2d tier.  My first airsoft gun (other than the spring versions sold for $10 at the gun shows) was a WE Beretta M9/92 GBB pistol.  Very disappointed in it and it went to a good home after a couple of months during which time I discovered KWA airsoft.  Sample of one (1) and it was a gas pistol, not an AEG rifle but I've been a KWA "fan boy" ever since the KM9-PTP arrived.

-- Chuck

#4 E.L.I.T.E

E.L.I.T.E

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

Yea thats what I though gcw360, once you go KWA I guess its hard to go back. I had a similar experience to you Chuck S, as a few of my friends had some WE pistols that I got the chance to shoot, and while they weren't awful, I decided to purchase a KWA M9 and never looked back.

Well I guess I'll wait for the release of the KWA AKG-74SU, thanks for your comments

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users