• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cooledwhip

cooledwhip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

Well I have gotten a KWA M11A1 a while ago and haven't used it in a while. I picked it up about a week or two ago and played with it and couldn't stand the fact that the stock was so wobbly. The part that rests against your shoulder won't stop moving no matter what!! I looked at it and I know what the problem is. The little pin that locks in the different positions of the stock wiggles, which is why the stock wiggles about alot. It isn't a tiny wiggle, it's a huge problem wiggle which makes it super hard to aim. Is there any way to fix this? I know I have seen replacement stock parts, and when I emailed someone from KWA to fix it, hoping to find one, they told me to check the people they sell to, and even when I found that, none of those places had the part. Please help!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

View Postcooledwhip, on 20 December 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

Well I have gotten a KWA M11A1 a while ago and haven't used it in a while. I picked it up about a week or two ago and played with it and couldn't stand the fact that the stock was so wobbly. The part that rests against your shoulder won't stop moving no matter what!! I looked at it and I know what the problem is. The little pin that locks in the different positions of the stock wiggles, which is why the stock wiggles about alot. It isn't a tiny wiggle, it's a huge problem wiggle which makes it super hard to aim. Is there any way to fix this? I know I have seen replacement stock parts, and when I emailed someone from KWA to fix it, hoping to find one, they told me to check the people they sell to, and even when I found that, none of those places had the part. Please help!
Any chance you can provide the part number? See here: http://www.kwausa.co...r_s01_m11a1.jpg

#3 cooledwhip

cooledwhip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

in part 11, in the 2 holes at the end there is a pin on the right side, that pin is always wobblying!

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

View Postcooledwhip, on 20 December 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

in part 11, in the 2 holes at the end there is a pin on the right side, that pin is always wobblying!
Perhaps a little bit of JB Weld molded in place would stop the wobble?  Just a guess though.

#5 cooledwhip

cooledwhip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but keep in mind this stock is a folding stock, meaning both parts fold. If you would mind looking up how the mac11 works that would be nice. I was considering gluing it but then I couldn't  fold the stock up. Can I buy a new part some where? Like a new stock?

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

View Postcooledwhip, on 20 December 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but keep in mind this stock is a folding stock, meaning both parts fold. If you would mind looking up how the mac11 works that would be nice. I was considering gluing it but then I couldn't  fold the stock up. Can I buy a new part some where? Like a new stock?
I am well aware of how the gun works.  My comment was meant to help you alter the gun so that there would be no movement of the stock...and it was simply a suggestion.  Good luck pursuing your answer.

#7 cooledwhip

cooledwhip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

Sorry if I came off condescending, I didn't intend to. I mean, I am really considering keeping it out so I can't move it back anymore, but I mainly want to have the security of knowing I can buy other ones, because if I mess this one up I can buy a replacement. Do you know where I can find some?

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

View Postcooledwhip, on 21 December 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

Sorry if I came off condescending, I didn't intend to. I mean, I am really considering keeping it out so I can't move it back anymore, but I mainly want to have the security of knowing I can buy other ones, because if I mess this one up I can buy a replacement. Do you know where I can find some?
No worries.  I know you emailed KWA but I would actually call them and ask for Jim Rupe, aka xKingSizex.  There may be a bone-yard stock he can grab for you.  Also, I would search overseas at places like:

Posted Image

Telephone Numbers:
  • 1.626.581.1777 (Voice)
  • 1.626.581.0777 (Fax)

For Questions / Warranty / Order Status / Parts Request / Returns

Service Hours:

• Monday thru Friday - 8:30am to 5:30pm (PST)
  • Saturday, Sunday, & Holidays - Closed

Address:

KWA USA
18571 E. Gale Ave
City of Industry, CA 91748-1339
USA

Hope this helps.

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

Here is an other option....It's pricy but from what I hear by those who have used it it is very nice.  No guarantees regarding wobble but something to consider:
http://shop.ehobbyas...ml#.UrXmLbT4dAo

#10 cooledwhip

cooledwhip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

Thank you. I will try to look online for a stock, and go to my local airsoft hobby store to see if he can special order one somewhere. I doubt he can but it's worth a shot. Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kwa, mac11, m11a1, stock, collapsible, not, working, folding, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users