1 reply to this topic

#1 Otto_Rugby14

Otto_Rugby14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:58 AM

Hey guys,

New to the forum and looking for some advice!!

For Christmas I am considering purchasing some upgrades for the KWA GBB MP7 for my little brother. He absolutely loves this weapon and I know he would be beyond stoked on upgrades for it.

However before I buy them and definiately before I open the gun up I have a few questions.  And I want to make sure I do this thoroughly and right for him.

To start, these are some of the upgrades I am considering...
> Angel Custom CNC Aluminum Rocket Valve
> Angel Custom High Preformance Steel Recoil Spring Guide Set
> Future Energy CNC Aluminum Extended Piston
> EdGi 6.03 mm tightbore barrel  

> My main question is, is how hard is it to install these upgrades? My brother and I are not 'pros' at taking the gun apart, but we are very handy. I am worried about the possibility of opening the gun up and being stuck in a position where it is too complex to either install the upgrades or reassemble the gun, resulting in the damaging of the weapon. Basically will opening the gun put us immediately over our heads?

>I have seen on this forum that a member named "Tiger" has made a video about disassembly and reassembly of the MP7.  Does anyone have a link to said video?

>I considered buying him the "Falcon" barrel, but after doing some research it appears the Falcon 363 mm 6.03 mm tightbore barrel makes the MP7 shoot entirely too hard for indoor/public play. I also noticed alot of people who had this barrel also had the RA-Tech NPAS Valve so they could turn the FPS down. Seeing that one of my current worries is the possible complexity of installing these upgrades I decided to go with the EdGI as opposed to the Falcon eliminating potential complexity with installing the NPAS valve. Is the EdGi a good upgrade for the MP7? Does the Falcon barrel out preform it by that much?

>Currently I am staying away from the "Power Up" supressor since I have read it can cause damage to the gun. I also am avoiding the "Hopup Bucking Upgrade" for similar reasons. Are these upgrades to avoid? Not worth even attempting to install an upgrade that has a high frequency of damaging the gun, especially considering how much he loves it! I am trying to stay away from any upgrade that ONLY effects the blowback feel or something aesthetic like that. Not worth taking any chances with the gun for something non preformance level.

>As far as the upgrades themself go, I am looking to increase the guns accuracy, gas usage and overall preformance. What do you all think of the upgrades I am considering? Would you recommend different types of upgrades? Or the same upgrades, but made by different companies? As you can see I have done some research but I am new to this so it is hard for me to tell which upgrades would be 'core/important' upgrades and which ones are either not worth the work/time/risk or are 'preipheral'. Are there upgrades that you feel are more important/prudent to the preformance of the gun?

Any and all recommendations are welcome! If any of you think certain upgrades may be too complex please advise!

Thank-you all for the help. Just want to make sure this goes off without a hitch for my bro!

Merry Christmas,

Otto

Edited by Otto_Rugby14, 17 December 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#2 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

Pretty much all of the parts you listed will work except for the last one: the inner barrel. The inner barrel you linked is not meant for the MP7, it is for the regular AEG M4. If you want to get an inner barrel for the KWA MP7 you'll need to get one that specifically says it is for the KWA MP7.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MP7, Gbb, Upgrades, Installation, rocket valve, Spring, Piston

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users