• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Emerson Schwarz

Emerson Schwarz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

Hi everyone. haven't had the time to properly introduce myself. I will do that later.

I have been looking to buy a kydex holster for my KWA USP Match. The thing hats keeping me from dong so is this... All the pictures I have seen of the real steel H&K Match doe not include the ambidextrous slide lock as seen on the KWA USP Match. If I get a kydex holster this monster, will I have to modify or remove the lefty side lock in order for it to fit? The one I am referring to is the one right above the right hand trigger finger.

It's already hard enough as it is trying to find a holster for the match. the last thing I want is to have to leave at home because I cant find a place for it on my load out.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. What have other members of this forum done in terms of holsters, both kydex and nylon?

Thanks in advance,

Emerson

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong section. I'm still trying figure out this site.

Edited by Emerson Schwarz, 13 December 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#2 Emerson Schwarz

Emerson Schwarz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:55 AM

Perhaps I should be more specific in my question. Is there a way to remove the right slide lock release so as to make the slide stop "right" screw flush with the gun, like all other "normal" USP's? what parts would I have to remove/replace to make it so? Would it beat all possible to put  a "normal" slide catch lever in there from maybe a USP tactical and maybe solve this problem? Or would I be better off leaving the match at home, and buying a more holster friendly pistol?

#3 Emerson Schwarz

Emerson Schwarz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

Update: I have decided to get the holster from blade-tech. I'll probably send a pic of the lefty side lock so that they can modify the holster to make it better fit.

Edited by Emerson Schwarz, 16 December 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,712 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

Looking forward to the outcome!

#5 Emerson Schwarz

Emerson Schwarz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

Good news! I was able to find a airsoft holster for the Match! Apparently, evike makes a kydex holster made specifically for it, and they make one for us left  handed people as well. It's still too cold to use my pistol at the moment, but when it worms up, I'll be looking into purchasing one soon enough.

Sorry for not being able to post a link. I can't figure out how to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users