• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SilverWings

SilverWings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

I successfully took apart my MP7 and reassembled it. As with almost everyone I am having issues with the trigger. I got it back in the gun what I thought was correctly, but after pulling the trigger the spring pops down and does not reset the trigger. Firing on full auto resets it as the pressure applies, but single fire makes the spring pop back out and needs to be pushed back into the body with a screwdriver or punch. Any suggestions? Attached are pics of the issue.

Attached File  20131205_190415.jpg   160.48K   11 downloads
Attached File  20131205_190450.jpg   143.88K   11 downloads

Also, the gun will fire 2 or 3 rounds then stops feeding and the bbs roll out of the barrel. Is this a hop-up or bucking issue? I lightly silicon sprayed the bucking before re-assembly and it does not seem to have any effect, the issue is still happening.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:54 AM

Silicone (or any lubricant) in the bucking is a no-no.  The bucking will soften and swell which can cause what you're seeing.  Remove the bucking and soak/clean in dilute warm water with dishwashing (not dishwasher) detergent.  Dry and reassemble.  Take care to get the nub in the hopup correctly.  There are several threads on this cleaning, probably in the AEG section where it's common to get gearbox grease in the bucking.

-- Chuck

#3 SilverWings

SilverWings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

What about the trigger issue, just going to order a new bucking for the MP7. I have watched all the videos and tried all the suggestions, still having the trigger issue which is bigger that the bucking issue.

#4 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

I'm not sure by the picture but the spring might be damaged. It should be making contact with the front wall farther into the opening, not almost parallel to the outside of the body. Either try re-seating the trigger again or you might want to get another spring.

#5 SilverWings

SilverWings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

I resolved both issues:

Replaced the bucking and the BB issue went away.

I had to bend the trigger spring slightly to get it to sit inside the body at the correct angle.

Hopefully this helps anyone else having similar issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users